Reefmat Won't Connect Red Sea No Response

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OscarHaglund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I setup mine last night - took all of 10min (including a firmware update). As long as you have a 2.4GHz network you'll be fine.
Untrue.
I have a 2.4ghz network with several devices in my sump that can connect to it.
The reef mat will not. I had to finally install it in offline mode after trying to connect for half an hour

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Untrue.
I have a 2.4ghz network with several devices in my sump that can connect to it.
The reef mat will not. I had to finally install it in offline mode after trying to connect for half an hour
Bizarre. I gather it's working off the 2.4GHz network now?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to do an offline connection first and then after it was set up switch it over. Very confusing
I decided to read up on that a bit in case I ever need to (definitely confusing). Red Sea's servers were down for about an hour this morning so you couldn't even log into ReefBeat (rather annoying).

Seattle_Diver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set my 500 yesterday and it won’t connect. I’m on a 2.4ghz, have the doser and lights in the app but I cannot get this SOB to connect. Tried both iOS and Android. Router is state of the art and all that. I put in a ticket yesterday but any other advice out there?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set my 500 yesterday and it won’t connect. I’m on a 2.4ghz, have the doser and lights in the app but I cannot get this SOB to connect. Tried both iOS and Android. Router is state of the art and all that. I put in a ticket yesterday but any other advice out there?
Just offline mode.

"Your devices are set up without a permanent connection to the internet. In Offline mode your devices can still be connected to a home network (without a permanent internet connection) and enjoy almost all features of the ReefBeat.

If you do not have a home router ReefBeat can connect directly to each individual device, one at a time.

In Offline mode with a home network, your smart mobile device (SMD) will need to be connected to the same network as your Red Sea connected devices to communicate with them. When connected to the same network, you will see the real-time status on the homepage and have full functionality for grouped devices except for Notifications and Firmware updates, which cannot be done offline.

When your SMD is not connected to the same network, no current data about the device will be shown in the ReefBeat homepage. Direct mode connectivity offers limited functionality – you will need to connect to its access point directly from your SMD every time you wish to access it. You will not have any functionality that relates to groups of devices such as Staggered Sunrise.

Note: When your SMD is not connected to the ReefLED, no current data about the device will be shown in the ReefBeat homepage. Notifications and firmware updates are not available for offline units."

DeputyDog95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone figured this out yet? So frustrating... I have two Red Sea dosers online that connected with no issues.

However, the ReefMat is refusing to connect...

We've tried everything, including disabling the 5ghz connection.

Oddly enough, when I go in my router settings, I can see the ReefMat connected to my 2.4ghz network. But it is refusing to connect through the app.

Any suggestions?

OP
OP
B

btltez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone figured this out yet? So frustrating... I have two Red Sea dosers online that connected with no issues.

However, the ReefMat is refusing to connect...

We've tried everything, including disabling the 5ghz connection.

Oddly enough, when I go in my router settings, I can see the ReefMat connected to my 2.4ghz network. But it is refusing to connect through the app.

Any suggestions?
I had to write them and they sent me a new motor and that worked.

DeputyDog95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope that's not the case... Not a big deal, but disappointing. I have already sent a support request in this morning. I'm relegated to having to create another "offline" tank in the app called "reefmat" and I have to direct connect to the reefmat by using the app while on the reefmat's wifi signal. Wonky...

OP
OP
B

btltez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope that's not the case... Not a big deal, but disappointing. I have already sent a support request in this morning. I'm relegated to having to create another "offline" tank in the app called "reefmat" and I have to direct connect to the reefmat by using the app while on the reefmat's wifi signal. Wonky...
I tried everything they said multiple times it was frustrating so they finally sent me the new motor and it worked so not sure what else to tell you. Good luck!

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My issue was the password. I thought they wanted my network password. The password to log in is password so pretty simple to remember. Later through the setup they will ask for your internet password. After that everything was fine. One thing I would like to warn people who are using the carbon tray in their reef mat. The nylon bag clogged up on mine and the water level in the filter chamber was running out of the over. This caused the motor to keep advancing the filter material until it rolled up the entire roll of new filter material. So something to keep an eye on unless you like manually reversing the take up motor and rolling all the unused material back on the feed spool. I thought the water from the filter was filtered before it went into the carbon basket but not entirely. Some is and also some water in the sump can get in there. This is what I was told by Red Sea.

DeputyDog95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update. I did it correctly, and it still doesn't work. I opened a ticket with red sea this morning and waiting to hear back.

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you cannot connect from the getgo, right. On your phone, do you see the reefmat in your wifi settings? If you do you must connnect to it there.

DeputyDog95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you cannot connect from the getgo, right. On your phone, do you see the reefmat in your wifi settings? If you do you must connnect to it there.

I was able to connect to the wifi built into the reefmat, but when I tried to get it on the office wifi so I can access it while not near the tank and get notification alerts, no go. I keep getting errors. Which is odd, because I went into my router and I can see it on my network.

For now, I created another tank that is offline and I can only connect to the reefmat on that tank when I'm on the reefmat's wifi.

Odd...

resist-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The solution for me was to make sure that my phone was connected to my 2.4ghz network before starting the installation process.

I tried 5 times while being connected to my 5GHZ network, it never worked. Worked the first time when i preconnected to the 2.4GHZ.

I guess the software tries to connect to the last network used on the phone.

I hope this works for you guys.

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody having problems getting Reefmat 500 to connect to Reef Beat app? I installed mine a week ago and it shows up in wifi on my iphone, go back to app, hit ''next'' and it spins for at least 5 minutes then says ''cannot connect." I had paid my LFS to install and he came back and he couldn't get it to connect either. I wrote Red Sea and got one response saying to reset it which I did but it didn't work so have written them back 3 times now and no response. Bummed out. Spent almost 500 dollars on this thing. Some one on the Red Sea FB group said they had same issue and RS sent them a new motor but I can't get RS to respond. I have the RS dosers, lights, and wave makers on the app and no problems with them. Any suggestions on fixing this or getting hold of them? Thanks so much.
What are you using for a password? The password is just that, password. I had the same problem and I thought support from Red Sea was super.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The solution for me was to make sure that my phone was connected to my 2.4ghz network before starting the installation process.

I tried 5 times while being connected to my 5GHZ network, it never worked. Worked the first time when i preconnected to the 2.4GHZ.

I guess the software tries to connect to the last network used on the phone.
I hope this works for you guys.
I could be wrong, but I believe it needs a 2.4GHz network to connect (5GHz only won't fly).

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back