Reefmat Won't Connect Red Sea No Response

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DeputyDog95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could be wrong, but I believe it needs a 2.4GHz network to connect (5GHz only won't fly).
You are correct. The problem is that most modern routers are also broadcasting 5ghz, which apparently messes with the 2.4 ghz band and the RM during the connection process. It was suggested that I go into the router and turn off the 5ghz band and try to connect on the 2.4ghz band. That didn't work either. I eventually got on the phone w Moises at Red Sea and after attempting to connect 10 more times with no luck and he was going to mail me a new control unit, I pushed it one more time and it connected. Wonky, but it works now (knock on wood). Oddly enough, I have two RS dosers that were installed the month prior with zero issues getting on the ReefBeat app. Who knows???

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct. The problem is that most modern routers are also broadcasting 5ghz, which apparently messes with the 2.4 ghz band and the RM during the connection process. It was suggested that I go into the router and turn off the 5ghz band and try to connect on the 2.4ghz band. That didn't work either. I eventually got on the phone w Moises at Red Sea and after attempting to connect 10 more times with no luck and he was going to mail me a new control unit, I pushed it one more time and it connected. Wonky, but it works now (knock on wood). Oddly enough, I have two RS dosers that were installed the month prior with zero issues getting on the ReefBeat app. Who knows???
Bizarre. I have a dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz WiFi router and it's never caused me issues (perhaps because each network is on a different name/etc.)

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same issue again. Finally got me reef mat connected but then today I had to replace the router which means new network name and password. Same problem again, you can reset until you are blue in the face and get a few different answers on the app. One was wrong password. Mmmm, how can that be, I use the same pasword to connect to my PC. Waiting for RS to reply now. This wifi crap does not need to be that touchy, Why not all blue tooth. I don't care if I cannot use the app if I'm in Europe or Asia.

Aceone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been having this same issues. Only being able to connect through direct mode, but it does connect to my wifi, just keeps saying connection error. After 30 emails with RS troubleshooting and trying all kinds of steps going back and forth they sent me a new control board. Installed it and same issues. This is frustrating. Now just waiting for a response. I was going to upgrade my ato to the RS butbafter all these issues for a simple task....I don't think so. Especially after spending all that $.
I have the same issue again. Finally got me reef mat connected but then today I had to replace the router which means new network name and password. Same problem again, you can reset until you are blue in the face and get a few different answers on the app. One was wrong password. Mmmm, how can that be, I use the same pasword to connect to my PC. Waiting for RS to reply now. This wifi crap does not need to be that touchy, Why not all blue tooth. I don't care if I cannot use the app if I'm in Europe or Asia.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back