Reefnjunkies 400 gallon inwall

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching for that reboot as well @Reefnjunkie

My understanding is that Brad is still having issues with the system, and he is awaiting results of microbiome testing by AquaBiomics.

It will be really interesting to see if he has any identifiable bacterial pathogens in the system. The crash of this system has been a real mystery!

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the reboot coming along?

Its coming along well, I was debating on starting a new thread but I dont think I will, it would be a rather short re"build" thread

My understanding is that Brad is still having issues with the system, and he is awaiting results of microbiome testing by AquaBiomics.

It will be really interesting to see if he has any identifiable bacterial pathogens in the system. The crash of this system has been a real mystery!

I sent my water to Eli post acro issue when the tank was basically barren but I still had the water flowing. The really puzzling piece was how this effected JUST acros, all my other corals were fine and growing. Im told there is a lot involved with the water testing for biomes so he has to wait for more samples to process vs doing one here and there. It wll be interesting to see what he finds in my sample though when its processed. Ill surely post the info

IMG_2614.JPG
IMG_2615.JPG

As far as an update/progress to date....

a couple weeks ago I was in the tank buffing all the scratches out and this last week I just finished all the rock work (I'll post pics of those, i like the way it came out and in 3 years it'll be amazing (laughing and crying at that time frame)

This was prebuffing the scratches, just vacuuming the sand :p

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent my water to Eli post acro issue when the tank was basically barren but I still had the water flowing. The really puzzling piece was how this effected JUST acros, all my other corals were fine and growing. Im told there is a lot involved with the water testing for biomes so he has to wait for more samples to process vs doing one here and there. It wll be interesting to see what he finds in my sample though when its processed. Ill surely post the info

He's got more than enough samples to process in his lab now, so it shouldn't be too long until we know what was in left living in the Junkie's post-apocalyptic-tank-o-death! ;Doctor

I'm looking forward to seeing the reboot progress!

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's got more than enough samples to process in his lab now, so it shouldn't be too long until we know what was in left living in the Junkie's post-apocalyptic-tank-o-death! ;Doctor

I'm looking forward to seeing the reboot progress!

Not a complete apocalyptic-tank-o-death- this was a cut a dry case pure discrimination/coral cleansing/profiling-:mad:
profile-acro
path-kill

RNJ 400 2.0 will be better, thats my goal

Is it just me or does it always seem that taking pictures of your rockscape never show the detail/depth you see in person

Its a dimensional issue I understand but really......

I cant even tell this is big tank 72x48x27

_MG_4932.JPG

_MG_4935.JPG

_MG_4934.JPG

_MG_4933.JPG

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am soon upgrading to a very similiar dimensions and I love that aquascape, may have to do something really close to it ;)

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am soon upgrading to a very similiar dimensions and I love that aquascape, may have to do something really close to it ;)

If you have not heard of it I’d recommend looking into the eMarco 400 cement from BRS - not sure how I never heard of this before and is amazing stuff.

I started with this

BF05B22C-6F9B-475B-BAAC-5D2B019B8AAE.jpeg

90923F04-A2FA-4510-95EB-9D52D5D25BD3.jpeg

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks back and running and the hunt is on for the approx 130 acros I lost LOL

I’ve picked up about 2 dozen so far but what took about 7 years to acquire/build I know I’ll never see a collection like that again but stuff happens, just move on

I’ve had acros in the tank that are doing great, a couple look better than when I picked them up and they’ve been in the tank for a few weeks.

Fortunately I never experienced dinos, diatoms, algae and all that nastiness that some experience but I’m not new to this by any means

Here’s a few awful iPhone pics (iPhones take horrible blue pics) I just snapped while feeding dinner
Fish so far are
Marine Betta
Lennardi wrasse
Male and female Blue Star wrasse
Copperband
Lamarks Angel
Magnificent foxface
Bonded pair extreme sub zero w/bullet holes clowns (LOL at the names)

I do want to reacquire a Quoy Parrotfish and about half a dozen or so other wrasse’

Anyway good to be wet again

D669DA53-F923-4285-8368-B39DC5DD125B.jpeg

E6D34B64-DE51-4FB6-97A9-3BD2FC86A23A.jpeg

A971444A-1590-4F00-A468-F45C69177C94.jpeg

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s lookin’ great, Brad!

Thanks Andy-so humbling this hobby.

I still need to move all the LPS to where I want them, corals and fish just got picked up from Jeff’s on Sunday/Monday and not their permanent place. I wiped out his display and very grateful he could babysit the fish and LPS

I still have this picture- something to shoot for 3 years ago

2F034F8B-AEB0-43BA-A72A-4D4B6B142DE2.jpeg

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few more cell pics- acros have been in the tank for about 6 weeks and encrusting well and coralline is taking off

Best rockscape I’ve done out of the 3 for this tank- it’s hard to tell but the right side area with the lobo and blastos is it’s on little island just as the euphillylia island is- all the rest of the rock will be acro

76DFD753-A135-4BE9-AA0E-62FD8BCEE137.jpeg

84367AA9-B407-42F9-BB51-434F1288C2B2.jpeg

79E782E5-C121-4EE4-9864-61DCAC38F553.jpeg

8E5836FB-FFA8-465E-AEA4-B0B66F96C519.jpeg

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks great man!!!

Thanks!

Long way to go but once it’s a mature reef I think it’ll be nice

Fish love all those arches and there is still lots of room for sticks - I’m working on that part- still have 32 square feet of frag tanks to fill- Oh and did you hear.....
Indo opened LOL

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks!

Long way to go but once it’s a mature reef I think it’ll be nice

Fish love all those arches and there is still lots of room for sticks - I’m working on that part- still have 32 square feet of frag tanks to fill- Oh and did you hear.....
Indo opened LOL

if only I could buy a box of Indo sps, I am struggling to find someone that will help me get a box.

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grab a tub of the E-Marco400 cement and let your imagination go- that stuff is amazing!!

Thanks for the compliment!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to start updating this thread with all that's going on so I can stop bugging my wife. Shes kept notes on the tank for years and today I kicked off the "water change free" program using Reefers Moonshine

I also picked this up this weekend for the wifey- Shes always wanted one but with the old tank it was fully mature so tough to add something like this- For sure this beauty needs the DSLR broken out which I will do this weekend and take some pics of the "frags" Ive got in the display.

I'm surprised that after only 2 months the growth/encrusting I'm seeing.

Another change this go around besides not doing any water changes is targeting my Alk at 10.5-11. Presently the CaRx has kept it steady at a solid 10.5

The reason I am trying this vs the 8-8.5 I had always kept was a BRS video I saw where they performed a 4 month test on different Alk levels and the tank that ran higher Alk saw a 35+ percent increase in growth vs lower levels (like my old 8-8.5), I have YEARS of growth to make up for :(

This beauty is an easy 10" wide and super red- Poor cell pic

Carpet Nem.jpg

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is ur target NO3 and PO4
I know when I get above 9 dkh I start to get alk burn

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is ur target NO3 and PO4
I know when I get above 9 dkh I start to get alk burn

Shooting for PO4 ~ .12-.15 it’s presently been stable at .13 I may experiment with higher levels possibly in the .25 range

NO3 targeting 4-5, presently it’s around 2. I’ve been daily dosing food grade potassium nitrate that’s gotten me from barely detectable to where I am now.

To avoid the Alk burn I couldn’t run ULNS as I have in the past

Back