ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20160327_085804.jpg

Happy Easter! The Easter bunny brought some goodies (ok a lot of goodies between 5 different houses lol) and he made a beeline for the Nemo bubbles. That's my boy;) Did I mention his first word was Dada, but his second was fishy:D Anytime he sees a fish on TV he grabs his 2 Nemo stuffed animals to watch with him lol

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoy him when he is that age- way to soon they turn into "TEENAGERS".

Haha I feel like I have a tiny teenager already, so I am dreading those real teen years. At least I have a boy, so I feel like that will make those years less painful, I hope lol. But seriously, how do these kids grow so fast?! I feel like it was last week that he was just a tiny little 4.10 pound newborn, and now he is a huge, bossy nearly 2 year old!

Matze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet tank :)
Your rock work looks awesome. Love
that roundish appearance.
The yellow goby is really cute, does he nip at your corals so far?

More pictures please :)

Greetings
Matze

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet tank :)
Your rock work looks awesome. Love
that roundish appearance.
The yellow goby is really cute, does he nip at your corals so far?

More pictures please :)

Greetings
Matze

Thank you, and no I've never had any problems with him. They are one of my favorites because they have so much personality packed in those tiny bodies:) I finally got my new lighting on and programmed late last night. I am off tomorrow so I will try and get some new pics up then:)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
20160327_085804.jpg

Happy Easter! The Easter bunny brought some goodies (ok a lot of goodies between 5 different houses lol) and he made a beeline for the Nemo bubbles. That's my boy;) Did I mention his first word was Dada, but his second was fishy:D Anytime he sees a fish on TV he grabs his 2 Nemo stuffed animals to watch with him lol

What a cutie!

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I promised pics, even though my tank is going through the uglies:)
20160331_162935.jpg

20160331_163005.jpg

20160331_170512.jpg

Now it's time to let everything grow (and maybe slow down on the frag purchases before there's no room to grow lol):D this cyano and HA is driving me mad though. The HA seems to be browning with the new lights, but I want my nice white sand back already:(

Matze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little patience and all will be good :)
The light looks really nice. I'm excited to see how things go.

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking the new light?

Sorry I just saw this. I am loving it, and more importantly, my corals love it:) My cyano has all but disappeared,but now my sand has this odd brown HA.I'm sure that's not what it is, but I have just been so darn busy lately that I keep forgetting to try and ID it. Between work, toddler, getting ready for my little sisters shower and destination wedding, an upcoming vacation, and trying to keep my house clean between all of the madness, it's a wonder the tank doesn't look worse lol. I hate that I have nearly undetectable po4 and nitrates,but am getting nuisance algae and my cheato barely grows. I know the algae is sucking it up, but I would think the macro would too:( anywho here's some pics I took the past few nights after I got home from work. I really wish I could figure out how to take good night shots. Every time i look at the tank when the lights are almost all blues the colors knock my socks off, and then these cruddy pics make me look like a liar haha. I think I need a new gel filter:/

Never mind, I can't upload them lol. I'll try to on the app.

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I just saw this. I am loving it, and more importantly, my corals love it:) My cyano has all but disappeared,but now my sand has this odd brown HA.I'm sure that's not what it is, but I have just been so darn busy lately that I keep forgetting to try and ID it. Between work, toddler, getting ready for my little sisters shower and destination wedding, an upcoming vacation, and trying to keep my house clean between all of the madness, it's a wonder the tank doesn't look worse lol. I hate that I have nearly undetectable po4 and nitrates,but am getting nuisance algae and my cheato barely grows. I know the algae is sucking it up, but I would think the macro would too:( anywho here's some pics I took the past few nights after I got home from work. I really wish I could figure out how to take good night shots. Every time i look at the tank when the lights are almost all blues the colors knock my socks off, and then these cruddy pics make me look like a liar haha. I think I need a new gel filter:/

Never mind, I can't upload them lol. I'll try to on the app.
1460785781289.jpg
1460785795467.jpg
1460785811870.jpg
1460785831181.jpg
1460785882669.jpg
1460785895569.jpg
1460785927448.jpg

Hopefully this works, I haven't tried uploading pics on the app yet:)

Edit: future reference, the app does not like right side up pics hahaha:D It's late and I'm too tired to try and fix them, you get the idea lol;)

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now it's time to let everything grow (and maybe slow down on the frag purchases before there's no room to grow lol)
That's the hard part! But a usually a really good idea. Stay strong! Tank is looking good! There is a good little thread on here for using hydrogen peroxide to take care of cyano. It was shared on facebook a while back.

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the hard part! But a usually a really good idea. Stay strong! Tank is looking good! There is a good little thread on here for using hydrogen peroxide to take care of cyano. It was shared on facebook a while back.
I have actually been testing the peroxide dosing in my 8 gallon before I tried it in the cube, I've noticed a slight difference. But the cyano is gone in the cube now, just this hair algae sticking around. And thank you:)

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have actually been testing the peroxide dosing in my 8 gallon before I tried it in the cube, I've noticed a slight difference. But the cyano is gone in the cube now, just this hair algae sticking around. And thank you:)
GFO and carbon dosing (vodka) took care of my GHA. Haven't see a sprout of it since.

Things that eat it that I know of are:
-Mexican Turbos
-Sea hares
-Sally light foot crabs
-Hermits (I prefer scarlet reef)
-Lawnmower blennies (and other blennies)
-And all the other fish I can't have like tangs, rabbit fish, foxfaces, etc..

Good luck! GHA can be rough.

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GFO and carbon dosing (vodka) took care of my GHA. Haven't see a sprout of it since.

Things that eat it that I know of are:
-Mexican Turbos
-Sea hares
-Sally light foot crabs
-Hermits (I prefer scarlet reef)
-Lawnmower blennies (and other blennies)
-And all the other fish I can't have like tangs, rabbit fish, foxfaces, etc..

Good luck! GHA can be rough.
Thanks. I think my issue is the rock I've had for 5 years leaching Phosphates. If I ever upgrade again I am going to cook it first. I do run GFO, but haven't done any carbon dosing yet. And my turbo won't touch the stuff lol. I was thinking of a lawnmower blenny, but I dont want something that just eats algae and then starves to death. I also don't really want to bandaid the issue. Although with my Phosphates being so low maybe a HA eater would help enough that my cheato can take over as the exporter instead of the algae and I can return it to the store or give it to someone else who needs it.

Matze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for cyano, you might want to take the spring season in consideration. All the nasty stuff from the trees and weeds is in the air now and will be introduced in your tank.
Even I got the problems and my tank is in the basement. That gunk is like a small injection of sugar and can bring cyanos.

I observe this every year between february and may.

Btw. love your pictures :) Looking really good!

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for cyano, you might want to take the spring season in consideration. All the nasty stuff from the trees and weeds is in the air now and will be introduced in your tank.
Even I got the problems and my tank is in the basement. That gunk is like a small injection of sugar and can bring cyanos.

I observe this every year between february and may.

Btw. love your pictures :) Looking really good!
Hmmm that's something I didn't consider. We are surrounded by trees and the railroad always stirs crap up. I really have to scrub my windows outside from all the crud the trains kick up. Thank you, I can't wait to see what it looks like in a few months;)

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 170 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back