ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the wall of rocks gives a tank that full feeling
I used to love the rock wall. But now I am loving the minimalist look. I think my cube is somewhere in between the two lol. It was nearly impossible to get any flow behind all that rock also. I had probably more fish then I needed and you would only ever see 2 or 3 at a time because of all the rock.

Psiber_Syn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally like the bonsai structure and next tank will just be one of those I hate live rock with all the hitchhikers etc just don't like the worms and stuff something like this but with other corals also is my fav
I also am disliking sand too get a everywhere
Not my pic

bonsai020410-1.jpg

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally like the bonsai structure and next tank will just be one of those I hate live rock with all the hitchhikers etc just don't like the worms and stuff something like this but with other corals also is my fav
I also am disliking sand too get a everywhere
Not my pic

bonsai020410-1.jpg

This coming out from the Nature Scape idea they carry for years in the Fresh water part of this hobby.

Psiber_Syn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's really sleek looking I grow bonsai trees so would love to have something like that

Btw thanks diesel you got me a trophy for likes :) movin up in r2r lol

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how many ppl have their own first aid kit stocked up like they do for their fish :rolleyes:

When I build my house we design our Hurricane room that is stocked up year round with Flashlights & extra bulbs, Battery-operated radio, Battery-operated lanterns, Batteries (in different sizes!), Matches, First aid kit, Duct tape, Rain gear. Clock (wind-up or battery-powered), Plastic garbage bags, Fire extinguisher, Scissors. Can Opener, Clean clothes, Extra blankets, Heavy gloves, Bottled water (1 gallon/person/day) , Bottled juice, 6 coolers one for food and one for drinks, Canned food, manual can opener, dry pet food.
I'll always keep 150 gallons of RODI water on hand too.
And we have a whole house 27KW Generac............ piece of mind and yet I have on all four MP40 QD a backup battery :rolleyes:.

Psiber_Syn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That furan 2 isn't that what a lot of folks dip zoas in? If so where did you get that and does it help zoas grow? What's it really for?

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how many ppl have their own first aid kit stocked up like they do for their fish :rolleyes:

When I build my house we design our Hurricane room that is stocked up year round with Flashlights & extra bulbs, Battery-operated radio, Battery-operated lanterns, Batteries (in different sizes!), Matches, First aid kit, Duct tape, Rain gear. Clock (wind-up or battery-powered), Plastic garbage bags, Fire extinguisher, Scissors. Can Opener, Clean clothes, Extra blankets, Heavy gloves, Bottled water (1 gallon/person/day) , Bottled juice, 6 coolers one for food and one for drinks, Canned food, manual can opener, dry pet food.
I'll always keep 150 gallons of RODI water on hand too.
And we have a whole house 27KW Generac............ piece of mind and yet I have on all four MP40 QD a backup battery :rolleyes:.
Well I know where I am headed when the apocalypse is coming haha! My first aid kit involves whatever I can find in my medicine cabinet from past prescriptions, and bandaids. That's all you really need right? Lol

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That furan 2 isn't that what a lot of folks dip zoas in? If so where did you get that and does it help zoas grow? What's it really for?
I'm not sure about its relationship with zoas, but I am about to look into to that! It was on HF's recommend fish meds thread so I grabbed it lol

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I know where I am headed when the apocalypse is coming haha! My first aid kit involves whatever I can find in my medicine cabinet from past prescriptions, and bandaids. That's all you really need right? Lol
Sounds about right just need to add duct tape and super glue to the list. Lol.
Where do you work at? I don't think I'd make any money working at a fish store. I'd probably blow my check before I got it!

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds about right just need to add duct tape and super glue to the list. Lol.
Where do you work at? I don't think I'd make any money working at a fish store. I'd probably blow my check before I got it!
It's a pet store chain local to Pittsburgh, think petco on a smaller scale, but with morals lol. Luckily (or not) my store doesn't have saltwater anymore. Me and like 2 other people were the only ones buying anything so they shut it down. I like it there,my 5 year anniversary is coming up. I think I am stuck there for life at this point lol.

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't updated this in a while so here we go. My tank still looks like an algae dump, but it is slowly getting better. The mystery algae is gone, the HA is dying off, but the cyano came back full force and the cotton candy that was stuck in my cheato has made its way to the DT and is spreading like wildfire. I have been dosing h2o2 and just added 3 more Mexican turbos for the CCA. Between vacation and my little sisters wedding I have not been able to do as much as I would have liked to the tank, and we may have the opportunity to move soon so that will definitely turn the tank upside down if we go through with it lol. Although a bigger house means I will have room for a bigger tank:)
20160622_213520.jpg

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck on the new guy! Hope he does well for you.
Okay Reefqueen, help a girlfriend out. I want a very simple refugium. I have to squeeze it into a small space in the sump of my red sea reefer 350. I am not handy like you are unfortunately. How did you build yours? Did you just section off a part of your sump? Other than a light and algae is there anything else I need to know? Really want a mandarin so do you add pods? Thanks

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay Reefqueen, help a girlfriend out. I want a very simple refugium. I have to squeeze it into a small space in the sump of my red sea reefer 350. I am not handy like you are unfortunately. How did you build yours? Did you just section off a part of your sump? Other than a light and algae is there anything else I need to know? Really want a mandarin so do you add pods? Thanks
Mine is super super simple. There is only cheato, dragons breath, and rubble rock in there. No sand, no mud and a cheap shop light fixture will work (I had an old reptile fixture laying around to use). I am not crazy about my bulb though, it was the highest rated one that Walmart had when I went at 2 am, and I keep forgetting to switch it out lol. And yes I have 2 sections in my sump, the overflow section where the skimmer is, then the fuge, then the return section with the pump and float switch. I am not familiar with the RSR 350, i should have peaked under the stand at the LFS the other day lol, but if you have pics maybe we can figure something out:)

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry forgot to add that I was adding pods, but my mandarin eats frozen now, he does still hunt for them throughout the day though.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry forgot to add that I was adding pods, but my mandarin eats frozen now, he does still hunt for them throughout the day though.
What are you using for the partition for your refugium? It looks like egg crate. Does that keep the pods in or do they flow right through?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back