OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you using for the partition for your refugium? It looks like egg crate. Does that keep the pods in or do they flow right through?
Oh no I have glass baffles. The egg crate was a temporary thing to help keep the cheato from flowing out of that chamber, it's not there anymore.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no I have glass baffles. The egg crate was a temporary thing to help keep the cheato from flowing out of that chamber, it's not there anymore.
Are the glass baffles solid? Is the water in the sump over the top of the baffles? Told you I wasn't good at this, sorry.

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the glass baffles solid? Is the water in the sump over the top of the baffles? Told you I wasn't good at this, sorry.
Haha it's ok. Yes they are solid and they flow over-under-over into each chamber. Does that make sense? I am terrible at explaining things lol

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic. I have 2 of those in mine.
1466809030624.jpg

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait I lied! Only one is like that, the other is just one piece of glass used as a divider.

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the frame edits! Lol. Looks great, I've read good things on those lights. I was between those and the reef breeder photon v2 when I upgraded lighting, but went with the new photon. Seems sb has the spectrum figured out though.

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the frame edits! Lol. Looks great, I've read good things on those lights. I was between those and the reef breeder photon v2 when I upgraded lighting, but went with the new photon. Seems sb has the spectrum figured out though.
Lol thanks, it was the only option on the app I used that didn't have hearts or some other weird junk on it:) They really are great lights. I have heard of a few people trading in their radions for them, and the price is awesome!

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome pictures and results! What are SB Reef Lights?
Thank you. They are a relatively new company and they are a sponsor here. If you are interested I would contact Mike, he is a great guy to buy from with great customer service! They have a few different models. I have the elite, but they have a basic, WiFi, and timer model also I believe. They might have more out since I have checked out the site last too.

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What % do you run your lights and how long?
I don't remember off the top of my head the %. I wanna say max 20 for whites and 40 for blues? I'll check when I get home. I do ramp them up and down pretty slowly though. I think the blues start to come on at 9am and don't peak until about 1pm, then at about 5 they start ramping back down until 11pm when it's just the moons. Moons go off at 2am.

Psiber_Syn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't it a shame we spend so much for high quality lights then can't even run them at half power? Like buying a blender you can only run on low lol

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't it a shame we spend so much for high quality lights then can't even run them at half power? Like buying a blender you can only run on low lol

I guess it's better to have all the power and not need it, then need it and not have it lol

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 136 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.9%
Back