OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home from work last night to find this.
20160629_213858.jpg

I am so bummed I missed it. I have never had a nem split for me before! I was a bit worried that maybe something was up with my water since they may split if water quality isn't the greatest. Then I got home from work late tonight after only the moons were on to find my male clownfish cleaning a flat pice of rock that's perfect for eggs, and my female hanging all over him! She never seems to care that he follows her everywhere and just does her own thing most of the time. I am thinking there might be some eggs soon, which is also a 1st for me:) even though there is basically no chance of the fry surviving in the tank, it is still exciting, and tells me that everyone is happy:D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats..mom!

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My instincts were correct:D
2016-07-19-20-05-51.jpg

Such a shame they will not survive, but I think it is safe to assume that my clownfish like each other lol. I am sad to say there will not be many more posts on this thread:( We are going to be redoing our floors in the room the tank is in (the house we were looking at fell through, so we decided we needed to make some changes to this one. Then maybe we won't want to move as much lol), so it will be torn down. On a brighter note keep an eye out for "ReefQueen's 90 gallon" ;) I will be sad to see this tank go, I love the size and shape, but I think my fish will be happy with some more room. A friend is in the process of upgrading, and offered me his 90. It's perfect timing too since I already have to move everything:D I am in the process of slowly transferring everything into a holding tank, just a few rocks so far. So here is one more look at the tank as a whole.
2016-07-19-20-06-49.jpg

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing the eggs developed is starting to make me sad:( look at those little eyes!
2016-07-22-22-30-36.jpg

I am thinking I might try and raise a batch at some point. If I ever have the time. I bet it is very rewarding though:)

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't be said- your clowns are feeding the reef. We had people at the picnic who have raised a few broods and they said it is a lot of work - but fun.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck on the transfer, just go slow.

It will be exciting to set up a newer system, so many new options. What lighting type are you going to use?

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't be said- your clowns are feeding the reef. We had people at the picnic who have raised a few broods and they said it is a lot of work - but fun.
Lol I know, but it's my first batch ever and now I am wishing I had made the time to try. Although with everything that is going on right now, even if I successfully hatched them in another tank, I doubt I could keep up with feeding. I am just not home enough. Oh well, hopefully there will be another chance to try and raise some babies:) It is supposed to be a ton of work, but I bet seeing those little babies when they are eating pellets makes it all worthwhile:D Thank you again for having us for the picnic, Erin and I had a great time! I have a family reunion going on for next month's meeting, but I told my mom that I will be "disappearing" for a while;)

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck on the transfer, just go slow.

It will be exciting to set up a newer system, so many new options. What lighting type are you going to use?
Thanks, I have a tank running now that I am slowly transferring the fish and corals into, some of the corals have gone into my 8 gallon as well. We will be starting the floors hopefully later next week, so I still have some time to move everything. I am still going with the leds, having used just about every type of lighting at one point or another I can safely say led is my favorite...because I hate changing bulbs lol;)

rebekwl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the way you had your 40 put together. Can't wait to see the 90 up and running!!

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the way you had your 40 put together. Can't wait to see the 90 up and running!!
Thank you, I love it as well. I hope aquascaping in the 90 goes as smoothly as this one did. Oops I probably just jinxed myself haha.

rebekwl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's always the hardest part for me in teh beginning. I can't seem to make the tank look the same way it does in my head! lol

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with the tank and house upgrade ReefQueen! Can't wait to see the 90 and best of luck on the aquascaping! It's one of those things that are equally as fun as frustrating sometimes. ;)

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you:) I am sure it will turn out ok. I need to order some more rock to get the look I am going for though. I wish I was as optimistic about the floors lol. I have a feeling that's what's going to give me the most trouble. There is at least one spot that needs repaired underneath and I will probably want to reinforce the area the tank will go while we are at it. But at least I won't have to look at this dingy, scuffed, overlaping, old mess anymore!
20160723_113142.jpg

And it will give me an opportunity to get my kitchen back in order, I guess I really should clear off my table for once. Ok ok that's only been there since last night, I hate when things lay around lol. The spot with the really white tile is where the damage is. We have replaced that one twice and it keeps cracking, so we know something is up under there. I just can't wait to have nice, uniform, floors that actually look clean after I mop:) I found a pic of my 75 that I only had up for a few months. It was too much to deal with when my son was younger which is why I downsized to begin with. What do you think of this rockscape?
FB_IMG_1469291527673.jpg

I may try something similar.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the rockscape, wish mine looked like that but hubby likes lots of rock. Since he has been great about helping out I have to let him have his way every once in a while. Looking forward to your new build.

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the rockscape, wish mine looked like that but hubby likes lots of rock. Since he has been great about helping out I have to let him have his way every once in a while. Looking forward to your new build.

Sometimes I get annoyed that mine doesn't want anything to do with "my hobby", but then again, I get to make all my own decisions lol. The answer is to take a piece out every week until you have it the way YOU like it, if you do it slow enough he won't even notice hahaha. Heck you might be able to do it all at once without him noticing lol!

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes I get annoyed that mine doesn't want anything to do with "my hobby", but then again, I get to make all my own decisions lol. The answer is to take a piece out every week until you have it the way YOU like it, if you do it slow enough he won't even notice hahaha. Heck you might be able to do it all at once without him noticing lol!
Very true! I love the way you think!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 85 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back