• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

ReefTide exceeds expectations

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to bite the bullet and order my first set of corals online and settled on using @REEFTIDE since I'd seen them mentioned several times, and based on most people's comments, photos were reliable.

I placed a small order of 2 zoas and a monti.

It just so happened that my ship time coincided with when Hurricane Elsa would hit Florida. So, instead of having my order delivery for last Thursday, they said they could do it for Friday. I agree, sent the email confirming my new shipping date. And then, nothing.

So, I called RT's phone number, and spoke to someone (I forgot your name I'm sorry :<), who very sweetly apologized and said someone had marked my email as read but never followed up on it. Not only did RT schedule a new day of shipment to a date of my convenience, but they also threw in 2 apology goodies of an extra frag and a t-shirt.

Having dealt with a lot of subpar customer service with other companies, I was struck by RT's willingness to admit fault and suggest a resolution without having to argue, justify, or escalate. Honestly, I called with the intent of just getting a new shipping date, and they exceeded my expectations.

I will definitely be ordering with them again, and a few larger companies should take note on how customer service should be. :)

Thank you RT!

REEFTIDE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to bite the bullet and order my first set of corals online and settled on using @REEFTIDE since I'd seen them mentioned several times, and based on most people's comments, photos were reliable.

I placed a small order of 2 zoas and a monti.

It just so happened that my ship time coincided with when Hurricane Elsa would hit Florida. So, instead of having my order delivery for last Thursday, they said they could do it for Friday. I agree, sent the email confirming my new shipping date. And then, nothing.

So, I called RT's phone number, and spoke to someone (I forgot your name I'm sorry :<), who very sweetly apologized and said someone had marked my email as read but never followed up on it. Not only did RT schedule a new day of shipment to a date of my convenience, but they also threw in 2 apology goodies of an extra frag and a t-shirt.

Having dealt with a lot of subpar customer service with other companies, I was struck by RT's willingness to admit fault and suggest a resolution without having to argue, justify, or escalate. Honestly, I called with the intent of just getting a new shipping date, and they exceeded my expectations.

I will definitely be ordering with them again, and a few larger companies should take note on how customer service should be. :)

Thank you RT!
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate it! I'm glad you liked the extras we added in, enjoy! :)

Reactions: Clo
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back