• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Reefwave 25 mounted vertically

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a pair of ice cap 2ks mounted vertically on the back wall and pointed each blade in a different direction.
Flow.gif

OP
tundra420619

tundra420619

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a pair of ice cap 2ks mounted vertically on the back wall and pointed each blade in a different direction.
Flow.gif
I am considering pointing my blades similar to what you are doing on the right hand side. It looks so much better visually not having it in the side view of the tank. also considering another pump on the left side to work in tandem.

GillMeister

View Badges
Reaction score
I am considering pointing my blades similar to what you are doing on the right hand side. It looks so much better visually not having it in the side view of the tank. also considering another pump on the left side to work in tandem.
That's a different approach than I took. I'm still relying on WAV powerheads for flow in the front of the tank. The Gyre is strictly to get some laminar flow in the back. This diagram would do well to move water throughout the tank, depending on the aquascape of course. You just won't get the gyre effect this way, which doesn't seem to be what your goal was anyway.

You don't know if it works unless you try it, right?

OP
tundra420619

tundra420619

View Badges
Reaction score
That's a different approach than I took. I'm still relying on WAV powerheads for flow in the front of the tank. The Gyre is strictly to get some laminar flow in the back. This diagram would do well to move water throughout the tank, depending on the aquascape of course. You just won't get the gyre effect this way, which doesn't seem to be what your goal was anyway.

You don't know if it works unless you try it, right?
That's absolutely correct!

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
My tank is LPS and the rocks are on average about 3" from the back. I've got them set in anti-sync and they ramp up and down on a 30 seconds.

How often do you have some type of algae issue?

• Constantly Something

Votes: 269 42.8%
  • Every Month

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • Every Few Months

Votes: 82 13.0%
  • A Few Times A Year

Votes: 87 13.8%
  • Once A Year Or So

Votes: 63 10.0%
  • Every Few years

Votes: 30 4.8%