Reefwave 25 mounted vertically

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tundra420619

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anbody else have their Reefwave mounted vertical? how do you like it?

IMG_20200915_184259.jpg

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of ice cap 2ks mounted vertically on the back wall and pointed each blade in a different direction.
Flow.gif

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my Icecap mounted vertically on the back of the tank. It does a marvelous job of keeping detritus from settling behind my live rock.

OP
OP
tundra420619

tundra420619

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of ice cap 2ks mounted vertically on the back wall and pointed each blade in a different direction.
Flow.gif
I am considering pointing my blades similar to what you are doing on the right hand side. It looks so much better visually not having it in the side view of the tank. also considering another pump on the left side to work in tandem.

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering pointing my blades similar to what you are doing on the right hand side. It looks so much better visually not having it in the side view of the tank. also considering another pump on the left side to work in tandem.
That's a different approach than I took. I'm still relying on WAV powerheads for flow in the front of the tank. The Gyre is strictly to get some laminar flow in the back. This diagram would do well to move water throughout the tank, depending on the aquascape of course. You just won't get the gyre effect this way, which doesn't seem to be what your goal was anyway.

You don't know if it works unless you try it, right?

OP
OP
tundra420619

tundra420619

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a different approach than I took. I'm still relying on WAV powerheads for flow in the front of the tank. The Gyre is strictly to get some laminar flow in the back. This diagram would do well to move water throughout the tank, depending on the aquascape of course. You just won't get the gyre effect this way, which doesn't seem to be what your goal was anyway.

You don't know if it works unless you try it, right?
That's absolutely correct!

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is LPS and the rocks are on average about 3" from the back. I've got them set in anti-sync and they ramp up and down on a 30 seconds.

Back