Reefwave Battery Backup? Icecap Backup Ver. 2 Work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rrwilson1223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff from CoralVue got back to me and said the following:

“We haven't tested it, but I presume it is compatible. Maxspect Gyre pumps work. It seems logical the Reef Wave would be, too, since it's made by Maxspect.

I tried looking at pictures online, but I am having difficulty finding any that show the power supply and cables. And Red Sea didn't include the voltage of the pump in their product descriptions online.

But you should be able to answer these questions if you have the pump with you. If the answers to these two questions are yes, then the pump will be compatible.

Question 1: Is the pump 24V?
Question 2: Does the pump have a detachable power supply brick?

If you answered yes to both, congratulations! You've found your batter backup solution. :)

Sounds like it should work. I know the Reefwave has a detachable power brick. Any chance someone could take a quick pic of the input cables/connectors?

Dan Ugas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention in the text: start at ~42 seconds and up the quality as high as it'll go (1440p).
Hi reefomatix, were yo able to connect the Reefwave to the Icecap backup after all?? I’m also in the same situation looking for a backup for Reefwave 45.

reefomatix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefomatix, were yo able to connect the Reefwave to the Icecap backup after all?? I’m also in the same situation looking for a backup for Reefwave 45.
I currently don't have a ReefWave, but it's on my short list of pumps/wavemakers I'm considering for my tank upgrade. If someone can confirm the size of the plug is 5.5mm I'm 99% positive it'll work. I'll be sure to update you if I decide to purchase it.

reefomatix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome I’ll measure the reefwave plug once i get home. Thanks!
I forgot I submitted a question to Bulk Reef Supply, so I just found it in my email. It's supported according to them:
Your question about Battery Backup v2.0 - IceCap has been answered.

Your Question: Is this compatible with the Red Sea ReefWave 25 and 45? Thanks!

Answer: Hey there,
Thank you for reaching out to us! Yes, it is compatible. The Reefwave was made by Maxspect for Red Sea!

Please let me know if you need anything further and take care!

Dan Ugas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got it this afternoon. All connections are compatible. The unit is charging first and I’ll do a “power outage” test tomorrow

Dan Ugas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Dan, hows it working for you? I’m thinking of making my purchase soon.
Hey RR!, sorry i’m replying late. Tons of crap going on at the same time. The Icecap works like a champ!!, I let it charge for 24 hrs prior to connecting the Reefwave. The power outage test worked just fine, no interruption at all on the flow. I left it running for about 4 hrs tho, and my current setting is the pulse mode at 40%, more than that and the sand bed begins to stir all over the place.

Rrwilson1223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey RR!, sorry i’m replying late. Tons of crap going on at the same time. The Icecap works like a champ!!, I let it charge for 24 hrs prior to connecting the Reefwave. The power outage test worked just fine, no interruption at all on the flow. I left it running for about 4 hrs tho, and my current setting is the pulse mode at 40%, more than that and the sand bed begins to stir all over the place.
Much appreciated! I just put in a purchase for one this afternoon. I’ve got the Battery Backups already. Going to have one on each side of the Reefer 750.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back