Refreshing my Radions issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After 5 long years of use, thought it was about time to replace the fans and whilst at it, install the diffuser.

I installed new fans on all 3 Radions, only 1 out of the 3 fans come on when the Radions start? [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Anyone know what I may have done wrong, I find it strange 1 of them works and the other 2 don’t.

Also, I can’t seem to get the diffuser plate to seat on the Radion, when I screw it in it doesn’t sit flush and then the diffuser at screen (magnetic attachment) sticks up on one corner and doesn’t feel secure.

I’ll post pictures tomorrow.

Any help in the meantime is appreciated

Alex1Young

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ireefer, I would recommend sending those photos directly to our customer service department if you're still having issues. Our customer service team can be reached by emailing [email protected] That said, try tightening the outside screws on the diffuser before the fan screws to see if this makes a different.

OP
OP
iReefer12

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Alex,

Spoke with customer service this morning, sounds like I have 2 faulty fan units, so your shipping me replacements.

On the diffuser, do I still need to use the seal that goes around the led pucks and perimeter of the frame? I took that out and it all fitted together much nicer, but didn’t read anywhere that we discard that seal/gasket?

sbidny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, the white diffuser cover doesn’t seem to sit correctly with the gasket in place. I have XR30 Gen 3 Pros, if that makes a difference to the style of the gasket.

My gasket prevents the white cover from engaging fully into the Radion housing, so it seemed like I had to remove it.

Even with the gasket removed (which greatly improved the fit), my diffusers still seem to fit quite poorly. Usually, only three of the four magnets engage and the diffuser wobbles. Not exactly what I expected.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, the white diffuser cover doesn’t seem to sit correctly with the gasket in place. I have XR30 Gen 3 Pros, if that makes a difference to the style of the gasket.

My gasket prevents the white cover from engaging fully into the Radion housing, so it seemed like I had to remove it.

Even with the gasket removed (which greatly improved the fit), my diffusers still seem to fit quite poorly. Usually, only three of the four magnets engage and the diffuser wobbles. Not exactly what I expected.

Yeah mine so the same.... all 6 of them. They seem poor quality compared to the fixtures. Though thankfully that shouldn’t effect the output of em.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back