Refugium instead of Sock?

you can modify your sump by cutting and gluing chambers, but that is a lot of work. other option is an external refugium that plumbed into your current sump and or another option is a hang on refugium. there are many ways .. pick your poison lol
 
I had a 7'' sock then I tried the reefmat 1200, nothing worked in terms of nutrient reduction. I tried to play the game of mechanical filtration but it was fruitless. I moved over to a 16'' x 16'' refugium, have the pipe dump right in (triton method) and all my parameters have remained more stable. Phospahte 0.17/ Nitrates 28 without the use of socks. I should note thought the fuge is large for my system so thats why and I have a ton and I mean a ton of hermit crabs, some emrald crabs, brittle starfish, snails, pods.....its truly a ecosystem in there.
 
I really love this idea. I don't think my current setup can support it, but maybe next tank :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new