Refugium light China or expensive brand?

klavmaister

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2023
Messages
372
Reaction score
96
Location
Norway
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a tunze 9w, my goal is to have refugium as the only filter apart from fleas rollers. I imagine that I need more powerful refugum light than 9 w. looking Chinese on alibaba or amazon are extremely cheap vs type kessil lamps. are there any good chinese lamps, or is it like everything else, you get what you pay for
 
The Chinese black box reef capable lights have been very usable in reefing ( I have not used them). So, I dont see why not. What are you trying to grow? I prefer full spectrum lighting.
 
Cheato morpha in the sump, it works well with the 9w tunze, but it seems as if I need more power to get down to 5 in nitrate.
1000008097.jpg
 
Raise the chaeto to the surface to maximize par.
We use a horticulture led
CANAGROW Full Spectrum LED Grow Lights for Indoor Plants, Waterproof COB Outdoor Grow Light, Plant Growing Lamps Refugium Light for Saltwater Aquarium, Heating Lamps for Plants Seeding, Veg, Blooming https://a.co/d/6QYBsJ7
 
I use this one.. GroCruiser 600W Dimmable Grow Light LED, 2024 Newest Upgrade Grow Lights for Indoor Plants Full Spectrum, Plant Growing Lamp for Seed Starting Veg Bloom, Daisy Chain Function and Quiet Built-in Fan https://a.co/d/fVAvwZK
 
I've used nothing but clip on work lights and cheap grow light bulbs from homedepot. Been using those for over 8 years and never had a problem growing chaeto.
That said chaeto is very poor at nutrient removal and I never used it for that. I just run refugiums as refugiums not for nutrient reduction. JMO currently running 3 chaeto fuges.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new