Refugium Light

  • Thread starter Thread starter Steven C
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Steven C

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2014
Messages
256
Reaction score
105
Location
Kenilworth
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone i am trying to get an idea of what may be the best light of my fuge so want to see what you guys have on yours i prefer it to be an LED so anyone?
 
Last time I has a fuge I was using a 100W(equivalent) 6500K CFL (PAR38) flood light. But, I'm sure they are making them in LED's these days.
 
Last time I has a fuge I was using a 100W(equivalent) 6500K CFL (PAR38) flood light. But, I'm sure they are making them in LED's these days.
yea but i think i would need some type of wiring im thinking something more plug and play
 
Pick up a clamp light and CFL bulb from HD....can't get any more plug-n-play than that!

Clamp light:

0369060c-0891-4a5a-9510-acebc190241f_400.jpg



And here's the 100W equivalent CFL:

a8cdf76a-2b09-429d-b4b0-389d6298a7ce_400.jpg
 
That's what I used too, but found the reflector will get pitted in time, so the PAR 38 with its internal reflector fixed that problem. In fact I still have two of them you can have if you're close enough to come and get them.

Edit: The clamp on fixture, not the PAR 38's.
 
Last edited:
They make LED grow lights that will fit that clip on too.
 
Ebay has those flood light leds for sale. Will cost you like 40 dollars and is plug and play.

I got the idea from Keith corals who is running an amazing refugium.

Speaking of him I remember not hearing from him in a while.

I personally use a build my led fuge light because schitnel reef was selling it used on RC.
 
I gotten the best growth I ever have with this bulb from Lowes, used on a clamp fixture.

 
They have one at Lowes similar to the one above but 6500k and puts out a little over 1000 lumens. Really had good luck with it
 
Thanks everyone for the suggestions will this increase the temperature in my sump/dt
 
If you get an LED or a CFL, it shouldn't do much. A regular flood would.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new