Refugium on 10 gal

Jw_is_reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycling a 10 gal tank right now I want to have, 1 yellow watchman gobie,1 Pistol shrimp, and possibly fire fish or clown?

Would a refugium help increase bio load the tank can hold?

Best ,

-Jimmy

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycling a 10 gal tank right now I want to have, 1 yellow watchman gobie,1 Pistol shrimp, and possibly fire fish or clown?

Would a refugium help increase bio load the tank can hold?

Best ,

-Jimmy
A refugium is basically a biological filtration method which will reduce nitrate and phosphate in your aquarium water as well as provide natural food sources for your aquarium inhabitants. It might be difficult for you to find room, but there are good hang on the back options out there.

I use a Two Little Fishies Phosban 15 reactor on my small 13.5 gallon tank that i have wrapped in grow lights with black electrical tape. Works a treat with a small eheim pump to run it.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A refugium is basically a biological filtration method which will reduce nitrate and phosphate in your aquarium water as well as provide natural food sources for your aquarium inhabitants. It might be difficult for you to find room, but there are good hang on the back options out there.

I use a Two Little Fishies Phosban 15 reactor on my small 13.5 gallon tank that i have wrapped in grow lights with black electrical tape. Works a treat with a small eheim pump to run it.
WhatsApp Image 2023-06-12 at 19.19.52.jpg

musel101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another option is to get a hang on the back breeder box and put a grow light on it. It’s cheaper to

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t think the refugium itself will increase bioload. The extra water volume would but not by very much. Now if u put like a 20 gallon sump on the 10 gallon display…that would both work and be ridiculous at the same time.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back