Refugium/sump

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have a separate chamber for a refugium so I’m using a basket that I’ve placed rock and chaeto in, I’m having issues with the chaeto getting into the return pump area and on into my display. The chaeto also doesn’t seem to be doing well or helping.
I’m wondering if I remove the basket and give up on the refugium and put in a media reactor instead can I still keep copapods in my sump or will they get sucked into and killed by the skimmer and media reactor?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have a separate chamber for a refugium so I’m using a basket that I’ve placed rock and chaeto in, I’m having issues with the chaeto getting into the return pump area and on into my display. The chaeto also doesn’t seem to be doing well or helping.
I’m wondering if I remove the basket and give up on the refugium and put in a media reactor instead can I still keep copapods in my sump or will they get sucked into and killed by the skimmer and media reactor?
you can get specialized fuge boxes that are made for cheato and other algae to prevent escape. You can also use an algae reactor as pods will live inside them too.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back