Regal Angel and SPS

  • Thread starter Thread starter clowndude
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
My tank was only 60 gal plus my sump, so I had a much smaller footprint, and probably fewer SPS because of it. Could be the difference between yours not keeping up and mine going it.

If I go reef with the new tank, I doubt it'll keep up on the 200 DD, haha
 
Was it a bad batch of salt? Were you mixing to 1.026? I use RC as well and @ 1.026 I'm reading around 480 on a salifert and an Elos kit
 
Last edited:
I've always used RC, and never had that high of a reading on calcium before. I mix mine to about 1.024, which I use 1/2 cup per gallon of water.
 
Was this the old stuff from a few years ago, before they changed it a bit, or was it a recent batch. Even the sticky in the chemistry forum is saying 490 for RC
 
Weird because I'm running IO and mine mixes to 420cal and 9 alk. My tank stays around 420cal and alk stays right at 9. Of course I live in San Antonio where the water is hard as heck so even run through a RO/DI unit still probably comes out pretty hard water. I'm hoping that running a kalk+2 or three part will trigger excelled growth for the sps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new