Regal angelfish and anemone

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has bubbletip anemone, hammer and candycane. Can I add Regal angelfish? I know each fish is different

thanks

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t, I don’t trust angelfish in general, including the Regal around lps. If you had an sps dominant reef you might be okay, but if you’re doing lps, clams, or softies, it’s not a safe bet. Regals are also notoriously difficult, unless you’ve got a lot of experience keeping angels (and I’m guessing from the question you don’t), I’d try a different species (or forego angels altogether if you want to keep lps, softies, or clams).
Edit: you also need a massive aquarium, a lot of sites recommend at least 125g, but I would put the minimum at 180g.

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Regal, he is awesome. Also a coral beauty and a hybrid angle. None of them pick at any coral from zoa to torches, but they are also well fed.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Regal, he is awesome. Also a coral beauty and a hybrid angle. None of them pick at any coral from zoa to torches, but they are also well fed.
They’re more likely to pick at more fleshy types of lps (like trachys, acans, favias, clams, etc.) And its not a definite thing, its just that they’re known to do it, and so if you have a lot of lps, its a risk you have to weigh. Also, OP (I think) has a Red Sea Reefer 350, which is not large enough to keep a Regal.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back