OP
JAMSOURY

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks like people are banning montis from their system more than I thought. They do look awesome when mixed in though, but can grow fast

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ike, what is the Bali shortcake (guessing that’s what it is) colony doin in the frag tank??? Nice looking acro for sure, and great shots of that monti growing up the corner!

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to remove mine a while back. Donated to a friend with a much bigger tank. These things shadow large patches of precious space.
Yup. I used to love red chilli pepper monti. It got so big sjc all over the place I ended up giving it all away along with 2 larg rocks that it took over ha ha

GregOyeah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red planet that is a nuisance. I constantly have to epoxy over it bc it’ll kill everything else on the rock.

By far the most aggressive, fastest growing acro I’ve ever kept

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3FE5ACC2-157C-495C-95F2-61DC0A5797E1.jpeg
Ike, what is the Bali shortcake (guessing that’s what it is) colony doin in the frag tank??? Nice looking acro for sure, and great shots of that monti growing up the corner!

It's a RR Firecracker "frag"... :eek: I have a few ... here’s it and a similar coral along with another part of my frag tank that cyphastrea is taking over. Note the bottom, that’s from a piece I cut off a rack and fell below the rack without me realizing.

That little square frag rack has only been in there a few months, yet the cyphastrea is growing up the leg, even being shaded. Then note the cyphastrea taking over the rack, though that’s not the fast grower that most others are, it has taken down everything in its path from when I was neglecting things. These things are pretty relentless. The worst ones are digis and sunset IMO.

Some day I'll start a thread about how my frag tank came to have such large frags... Pardon the bad iphone pics

Last edited:

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3FE5ACC2-157C-495C-95F2-61DC0A5797E1.jpeg

It's a RR Firecracker "frag"... :eek: I have a few ... here’s it and a similar coral along with another part of my frag tank that cyphastrea is taking over. Note the bottom, that’s from a piece I cut off a rack and fell below the rack without me realizing.

That little square frag rack has only been in there a few months, yet the cyphastrea is growing up the leg, even being shaded. Then note the cyphastrea taking over the rack, though that’s not the fast grower that most others are, it has taken down everything in its path from when I was neglecting things. These things are pretty relentless. The worst ones are digis and sunset IMO.

Some day I'll start a thread about how my frag tank came to have such large frags... Pardon the bad iphone pics
This is a real beauty..
Its not about fancy photoshopped or saturated pictures...I trust pics like these more than anything else.

Beautiful frags and coral. Please do a thread about your frag tank..

Last edited:

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re down to get down, I’d let them work it out GOT style. Or, try a powerful laser pointer?

Edit: That fish hiding next to the cyphastrea looks like it’s seen some stuff.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re down to get down, I’d let them work it out GOT style. Or, try a powerful laser pointer?

Edit: That fish hiding next to the cyphastrea looks like it’s seen some stuff.

We've been together for years, and it's not going well, especially of late. He keeps attacking my hand, I keep removing his hiding spots

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've been together for years, and it's not going well, especially of late. He keeps attacking my hand, I keep removing his hiding spots

Sounds like my clown. He’s definitely seen some stuff. He’s also a nasty nipper.

Sailfinguy21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My acros or branching sps i give about 4 inchs of room from one to another.. the encrusting sps are the ones i habe a hard deciding where to put them.. what i did was i made like 4 (islands) in front of my rock wall on the sand bed... this way i csn put cyphastrea and pavona corals and stuff on them to keep them from encroaching on other corals on my main rocks.

The the only 2 corals im not sure where to put are my leptoseris corals.. i have the jackolanturn one and a neon green one... I just put thrm on a main rock but a larger one.. and i put em like 2 inches from each other.. im hoping since they are lepto they wont fight eachother and they will just cover the rock.. neon green lepto is pretty cool looking

BadPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my WWC cherry tree monti, I'm currently using a 2.75 in frag tile until I know where to permanently place it. It's about 2x1 eggcrate squares in size. Once I know where to place it, I'll frag it down to size and trade/or sell the left overs. I also use a frag rock on any other SPS I'm unsure where to place. Looks more natural compared with plugs once I find a permanent placement.

OP
OP
JAMSOURY

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For the montis, put them where they will be easilly manageable.
Rock in the sand or little rock with acrylic rod.
My aquaman last year: bad idea
7817d15bd737645a0b203f806a174c5f.jpg

This year (it's on a rock link by a rod to my main piece of live rock)
5928dd20db2d9bc8ce8298e3725dd890.jpg

I did the same thing with my aquaman. Fortunately it’s not as crazy as other montis.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back