Reintroduction

Rhoads238

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I'm a returning member and it's been few years since I've posted on reef2reef, so i figured to reintroduce myself. I'm currently in the early stages of getting back into reef keeping. I had a 60 gallon cube reef for six years, which was amazing but not without its struggles. I ended up taking it down because we went through some financial hardships and once those problems cleared up we started to focus on the tank again. Things started to turn around and the tank was looking good again. I got married and we went on our honeymoon for three weeks. We came back and one of my power heads had fallen off and my anemone that had stayed in the same place for five years decided it didn't like it there any more and went on a walk all around the tank stinging everything in its path. A good portion of my remaining corals were killed by its rampage, and then it ended up dying not long after. This was a devastating event after getting the tank to bounce back after a period of neglect. At this time we were also starting to look at purchasing a home and we decided it best to take the tank down and gave the remaining livestock away.

We purchased a home and moved in December and over the past month or so the idea has started to form that we would start another reef aquarium. This time we are going do our best to avoid the mistakes we made last time. Specifically this time we will be quarantining all of our new acquisitions. I am also looking to setup a saltwater mixing station in the garage instead of using a rubbermaid container in my bathtub. We will glue the rock work together instead of just piling it up. I also want to setup the sump to be easier to be maintained, last time my skimmer was so big I could barely get out because of the placement of the bracing and the hight of the cabinet.

We have big plans for the new tank and I'm looking forward to sharing the journey with you all. For now I will leave you with a few photos of my 60 cube when it was in its prime.

Thanks for reading

-Jason

tank.jpg

IMG_0730.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

Sea Spiders
IMG_0545.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG

IMG_0733.JPG

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome back to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
ohh, ;) the dreaded acro eating spiders,hope you don't see them again:)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome back to Reef2Reef!!! We're glad you're here!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Welcome back to the R2R community !!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back