Reliable Doser

nicholas2010e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a reliable doser? I feel like every pump I look at like the BRS, Coral box WiFi pump, kamoer, etc. all have some pretty awful reviews from dumping, dripping, or just not working at all. Is there any dosing pump that I don’t have to worry about it absolutely ruining my tank? I also don’t want to spend a dumb amount of money like the apex pumps

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
GHL and don’t look back. Is it cheap, no. But it’s probably the most trusted piece of reefing gear out there. I’m using a Kamoer x1 pro on my nano dosing all for reef, it’s pretty good, but I’ve had to recalibrate it already. Every time that I’ve checked my GHL, it’s been spot on, maybe 0.1mL off from the last time I checked, which is once a year. I’ve been running it for 6 years and it’s been a rock! You get what you pay for and the GHL doser is a prime example of this.
Just my two pennies.

OP
OP
nicholas2010e

nicholas2010e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL and don’t look back. Is it cheap, no. But it’s probably the most trusted piece of reefing gear out there. I’m using a Kamoer x1 pro on my nano dosing all for reef, it’s pretty good, but I’ve had to recalibrate it already. Every time that I’ve checked my GHL, it’s been spot on, maybe 0.1mL off from the last time I checked, which is once a year. I’ve been running it for 6 years and it’s been a rock! You get what you pay for and the GHL doser is a prime example of this.
Just my two pennies.
Do they only come in 4 head units? I am just looking for one to dose all for reef

ggNoRe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a good experience so far with the coralbox 4chan.

Albeit I've only been using it about 4 months but I've had 0 issues and the owner of the company, Logan who also owns the Reefbreeders LED brand, takes customer service very seriously.

Last edited:

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a reliable doser? I feel like every pump I look at like the BRS, Coral box WiFi pump, kamoer, etc. all have some pretty awful reviews from dumping, dripping, or just not working at all. Is there any dosing pump that I don’t have to worry about it absolutely ruining my tank? I also don’t want to spend a dumb amount of money like the apex pumps

I have used both the X1 and now the Reefdose4. Both have been good and accurate.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do they only come in 4 head units? I am just looking for one to dose all for reef
I think two and three heads, but if you’re just dosing AFR, then I think the Kamoer will do the job perfectly. I would calibrate it often though, just to make sure. I’m only dosing 6mL a day and it’s been petty good. I’m now checking the dose once a month and will recalibrate as needed. For $89 with WiFi control, it’s nice. I like that you can add another one and power it from a jumper instead of another power supply. I’ll probably pick up two more for EasyBooster and spsEvo dosing.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back