Relocating Mushrooms, advice needed

DeepBlueSomething

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mushrooms on several decent size rocks and I would like to move a few.

I have read on here about using a credit card to remove them from a location, but how would I encourage them to their new location?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you leave any piece of mushroom behind it will grow back. We just had a little piece of the bottom of the mushroom that we couldn't get off the rock and it grew back. I've heard of people putting mushrooms in a Tupperware container in the tank with some rock rubble and allow them to attach to a piece of rock then take it out and glue the rock it is attached to the new location. It's no grantee that they won't move though. I've even tried to glue them directly to a rock and somehow they find a way to get out of it if they don't like where they are.

OP
OP
DeepBlueSomething

DeepBlueSomething

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that is kind of what I thought. I like the rock (and its location) that only has 1 mushroom -- the other rock just isn't working with my scape but it has three very nice mushrooms (and ongoing turf algae issue that needs to be dealt with) -- and of course is in the opposite corner. I would like to consolidate. I was considering pulling them off and using an egg-crate 'cage' to encourage them that the new rock is the place to be. Thoughts on that approach? Or I might try the rubble / Tupperware

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back