Remember your very first reef tank?

180 allglass aquarium with a 55 gallon sump with bioballs little giant pump 4 foot tall air block protein skimmer metal heilide with triton actinics. Also had an ozone generator Sold it in 1996 because I didn't want to mess with moving it when we built a new house. It was awesome. I used it as a playpen for my daughter while I made the stand for it.
 
My first reef tank was a 20 gallon with a 10 gallon sump 27 years ago. I went with a small system because I wanted to use only distilled water. (It was before RO/DI became common in the hobby) You wouldn't believe the number of Walmart gallon distilled water jugs I accumulated!

It was a wonderful tank with Marshall Island LR and a H. magnifica (Ritteri) that filled half of the 20 gallon tank. It was the home for a grumpy ocellarus clownfish and a grumpy royal gramma for more than 10 years.

There are days when I wish I had just stuck with that small system...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new