Remnant algae in sand

danieljones8623

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody. I am pleased and thankful to say that I’ve weather a dino outbreak and I’m on the other side of it. I let my nutrient levels rise a bit and I’ve managed to grow some algae I’m now trying to clean up a bit. So I’ve been doing larger water changes, taking a turkey baster/toothbrush to my rocks, etc. and I have some remnant algae that’s kinda hanging out in my sand. Will this go away on its own with time as my water parameters become more optimal, or do I need to somehow sift through the sand and manual remove it, or what?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was my tank I'd gently siphon off the top layer and soak in H2O2 for a day or so, rinse, let dry for a day or so then put it back in hte tank. FWIW I'd also gently siphon off the rock and remove the alge from the system instead of blowing them off with a turky baster and leaving it in the system to either detriorate or to continue growing.

OP
OP
D

danieljones8623

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been siphoning it’s. The sand when cleaning. It’s been getting a good deal but I was wondering if I could do more.

I appreciate the help.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back