Remote Sump In Garage 1 Floor Down - Return Pump Options

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a little out of date on all the options these days, hoping you all can get me up to date.

Basically I have a remote sump in the garage, one floor below the tank. The DT is 400 gallons.

Looking for return pump options. Last I checked reefflo was king here, but I do hate that the seals occasionally go out. Murphys law says it will happen during vacation!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a little out of date on all the options these days, hoping you all can get me up to date.

Basically I have a remote sump in the garage, one floor below the tank. The DT is 400 gallons.

Looking for return pump options. Last I checked reefflo was king here, but I do hate that the seals occasionally go out. Murphys law says it will happen during vacation!

Yup on Murphy!
I have two returns on my system, but I am only pushing 4’ so I don’t have the scoop on higher pressure and flow options. Just wanted to address Murphy perhaps.
Gl!

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reeflo makes some of the best high head pumps out there.

They are reliable and quiet as well.

They can be a bit pricey but worth it if you need them.

mache62

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use an Iwaki 70rlt from my basement sump to the dt 1 floor up. It is also T'd off to feed the fuge that is in the basement as well.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Don't forget, insulate, piping, if possible and want to.

Jason_J

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sump is in my basement and the tank is on the second floor. I couldn't decide between an Iwaki 70RLT or the 100RLT so bought them both and plumbed them in. Ended up deciding the 70 provided enough flow and now the 100 is a backup that is already plumbed in and can be online with the turn of two valves.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back