Remote Sump using Jebao / Jecod DCS 12000?

Mr.Newlove

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All, I currently have a 66-gallon display with a ~30-gallon sump and I have been warming up to the idea of just moving the sump downstairs and I'm trying to find a 90-gallon tank to use as the sump. This will also keep things even quieter and cleaner upstairs.

I have a Jebao / Jecod DCS 12000 and they state it has a max head height it 6m, the sump will only be a vertical distance of about 12ft(3m) but with hose runs of close to 50ft since the tank is actually on the other end of the house. I plan on using 2 1-1/4 inch flexible PVC for the drain and 1 1-inch flexible PVC for the return.

Will I need a larger pump? I am ok with a fairly low flow rate, as long as it's around the 100-200 gallons/hour it isn't a problem. I have 2 large powerheads in the display to keep the flow going.

Thoughts?

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one on my pond that has a vertical of 3 feet and a horizontal run to a pressure filter of 13 feet then 7 feet to a spillway water fall and I would guess it's still pushing 2000 gph through it. It's pretty incredible. Been running for 3 years.

OP
OP
M

Mr.Newlove

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mind posting a few pictures of your pond/waterfall thing? I was considering getting another of the same pump for a water feature in my back yard.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back