Removal of clove polyps from Gigas

BradB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10" gigas with fireworks clove polyps covering both shells. I'd like to remove all my cloves except for an isolated island, as they spread too quickly. I remove them from rock by removing the rock and scrubbing with a steel brush. Can I do this to the clam? If not, any other suggestions?

Tub Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10" gigas with fireworks clove polyps covering both shells. I'd like to remove all my cloves except for an isolated island, as they spread too quickly. I remove them from rock by removing the rock and scrubbing with a steel brush. Can I do this to the clam? If not, any other suggestions?
of course you can!
but why? firework cloves are wicked and so is a gigas!

personally I wouldn't use steel brush on the gigas as I'd be afraid of damaging the shell somehow. just use a plastic scrubber or toothbrush. should be fine to do this out of water. but you could always do it in tub or bucket if it'll fit.

either way, could you post a pic? I'd love to get my hands on another gigas, and one covered in firework cloves sounds like it would look very cool.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back