Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what happens when you accidentally click download on a putlocker pop-up
12249619_536753773155637_846702367207649142_n.jpg

Trojan viruses :confused: Pretty much the equivalent of computer cancer, if you catch it too late, you can't cure it.

Lesson learnt: DON'T LET SKETCHY PROGRAMS ONTO YOUR COMPUTER, EVER!

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had a issue a month ago when I was downloading a driver.. it was a bad one. Ended up just wiping and starting over with Windows 10 upgrade. It some how got past my symantec corporate edition!

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most if not ALL traditional Antivirus application will do little to nothing when it comes to stopping Malware!

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most if not ALL traditional Antivirus application will do little to nothing when it comes to stopping Malware!
hitman pro is no traditional antivirus software ;)
Windows defender found nothing, malwarebytes found 33 threats, and then hitman pro found 5 threats including a trojan virus that even a program as advanced as malwarebytes managed to miss.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hitman has been known to miss rootkit code, check tdskiller, . rootkit is a collection of computer software, typically malicious, designed to enable access to a computer or areas of its software that would not otherwise be allowed (for example, to an unauthorized user) while at the same time masking its existence or the existence of other software.

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hitman has been known to miss rootkit code, check tdskiller, . rootkit is a collection of computer software, typically malicious, designed to enable access to a computer or areas of its software that would not otherwise be allowed (for example, to an unauthorized user) while at the same time masking its existence or the existence of other software.
You're making me worried :confused:

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bit9 and carbonblack block .exe and executable .dll from even running true intrusion control...
..most of the time once the malware is "installed" and attempted to be cleaned the damage has already been done, the true resolution is a full re-image.

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bit9 and carbonblack block .exe and executable .dll from even running true intrusion control...
..most of the time once the malware is "installed" and attempted to be cleaned the damage has already been done, the true resolution is a full re-image.
malwarebytes says it though, I obviously can't tell how honest they're being, anyone can lie, but still.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no
I'm slightly technologically illiterate
external usb 3.0 HDD are cheep and good insurance, window and mac both have built in backup applications.

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ESET and TDS can and should be run in "safemode" with network access.

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
external usb 3.0 HDD are cheep and good insurance, window and mac both have built in backup applications.
thank you, when I have things on my computer important enough to back up I'll do that (the most expensive things I own are steam games and those are backed up on servers)

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you, when I have things on my computer important enough to back up I'll do that (the most expensive things I own are steam games and those are backed up on servers)

it's not just for file and picture, the backups will also allow you to restore the PC without having to re-image it , cutting downtime in half or less.

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's not just for file and picture, the backups will also allow you to restore the PC without having to re-image it , cutting downtime in half or less.
How can I tell if I'm not accidentally putting viruses on the drives when I back them up, I know one of the viruses virus changed the UI of googles chrome, so I'm pretty sure they can hitchhike on other programs, right?

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can I tell if I'm not accidentally putting viruses on the drives when I back them up, I know one of the viruses virus changed the UI of googles chrome, so I'm pretty sure they can hitchhike on other programs, right?

it's based on "time stand" so you can "restore" to a date and time before seeing the "installed" malware infection that's causing the issue.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back