Removing a monti from rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter Briskee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Briskee

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2024
Messages
50
Reaction score
61
Location
Eastern PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red monti that I'm hoping to remove from the rock. There's a fair bit of algae growing on this rock I want to remove. Any recommendation on the least stressful way to remove the monti? I'd like to keep it, if possible.


IMG_3376.JPG
 
You could break the tiny piece of rock it’s actually attached to and keep that
 
You can try to squeeze a screwdriver or a knife between the plate and the rock - depending how much it encrusted over the rock, it sometimes can work pretty well.

But I also wouldn’t be afraid to break it apart to multiple pieces, just glue them all right next to each other and they’ll merge into a single scrolling plate in no time.
 
You can try to squeeze a screwdriver or a knife between the plate and the rock - depending how much it encrusted over the rock, it sometimes can work pretty well.

But I also wouldn’t be afraid to break it apart to multiple pieces, just glue them all right next to each other and they’ll merge into a single scrolling plate in no time.
Wouldn't that damage the monti?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new