Removing MP40s from a running tank

Sbk89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to see how others had theirs set up.

I have a 75 gallon and I put the controllers in my stand through the back when setting up my tank. I want to switch one of the mp40s out and realized the controller won’t fit out the back. The only way to get this done is to drain the tank until it is light enough to move.

Is everyone else leaving enough room behind their tank to remove equipment or are you just leaving it and hoping you don’t need to change anything? Or is there something else I can do to remove?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what @Isaac Alves was talking about I believe. Here a video showing how to disassemble the controller for replacing the rf module but disassembly is the same
Screenshot_20240117_174135_YouTube.jpg

EDIT : I leave enough room for my arm and to get a vacuum cleaner tube in there.

OP
OP
Sbk89

Sbk89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what @Isaac Alves was talking about I believe. Here a video showing how to disassemble the controller for replacing the rf module but disassembly is the same
Screenshot_20240117_174135_YouTube.jpg

EDIT : I leave enough room for my arm and to get a vacuum cleaner tube in there.

This is great. Thanks! I feel like I could get it out if not for the knob so this should do it… hopefully!

OP
OP
Sbk89

Sbk89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took forever to try and untangle the wires behind my tank but taking it apart worked! With the new mp40, I made sure to use sticker hooks to keep it near the top of the tank so it’s away from most of the other wires.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 153 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.3%
Back