Removing Palys

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all what are some tips and tricks on removing palys from your tank? I have a patch of green paly's that are on some rock structure that is not removable. I was thinking using rubber gloves with a scalpel and a suction hose and just cutting the bases and sucking them out of the tank my concern as if they're in the bucket will they release Paly toxins if so will they release them into the air and such. Obviously I would not do it while my wife and baby is home but I really don't want to get myself sick either. They're really taking over a section of my tank and wreaking havoc on some of my other Coral.

Free to anybody that wants to come and remove them!
b2a39dca195065d04d221502bba24c03.jpg

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your idea of cutting them out. I don't think the toxin will get in the air buy using your method. It's not going to be easy so take your time. You can drain them into a bucket of bleach water as you suck them out to neutralize the toxin. Also, you can try killing a few with a strong kalk paste, just do a few at a time.

OP
OP
Reefinny

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your idea of cutting them out. I don't think the toxin will get in the air buy using your method. It's not going to be easy so take your time. You can drain them into a bucket of bleach water as you suck them out to neutralize the toxin. Also, you can try killing a few with a strong kalk paste, just do a few at a time.
There's too many of them to use kalk plus they're kind of deep in the tank and I have a lot of very high end chalices around them and under them.

I think I will however use the bucket with bleach that's a good idea.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's too many of them to use kalk plus they're kind of deep in the tank and I have a lot of very high end chalices around them and under them.

I think I will however use the bucket with bleach that's a good idea.
Gotcha. Kalk near chalice corals, bad:D

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back