Removing ricordia yuma from rock?

Greatdane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically what we are working with is, we are about to transition to a 75 gallon tank and would like to move the ricordea to its little own corner to make new recordias and have a little rock or ricordia, but we dont know the right way to remove it from this rock, if you could tell me how to go about this that would be great.

B1255FD7-9EFC-4320-8CED-BBBF50834489.jpeg

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically what we are working with is, we are about to transition to a 75 gallon tank and would like to move the ricordea to its little own corner to make new recordias and have a little rock or ricordia, but we dont know the right way to remove it from this rock, if you could tell me how to go about this that would be great.

B1255FD7-9EFC-4320-8CED-BBBF50834489.jpeg
You can chip it off with a piece of the rock, try to harass it off by annoying it or razor blade it off.

Simsung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the bottom?
If you can, try to chip it off with a piece of rock. This will be the easiest way. Otherwise, you'll need to get it to reattach to something else which in my experience is a massive PITA. I lost a couple of mushrooms because a crab or a wave blew it away and it went awol before it had a chance to attach.

OP
OP
Greatdane

Greatdane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can, try to chip it off with a piece of rock. This will be the easiest way. Otherwise, you'll need to get it to reattach to something else which in my experience is a massive PITA. I lost a couple of mushrooms because a crab or a wave blew it away and it went awol before it had a chance to attach.
Aight thanks

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back