Renew, Phosguard or bio pellets?

tonybwill

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
188
Reaction score
30
Location
Maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best way to rid phosphate? I do have a reactor. What do you use?
 
I personally wouldn't pick any of those choices, but Phosguard will work and biopellets and Renew likely will not, unless yfou need to export only a small amount.

I compare the many ways to deal with phosphate here:

Phosphate In The Reef Aquarium
https://www.reef2reef.com/blog/?p=3184

I personally used GFO, growing macroalgae (both of which export a lot of Phosphate) and skimming, activated carbon and organic carbon dosing (which export smaller amounts).
 
I personally wouldn't pick any of those choices, but Phosguard will work and biopellets and Renew likely will not, unless yfou need to export only a small amount.

I compare the many ways to deal with phosphate here:

Phosphate In The Reef Aquarium
https://www.reef2reef.com/blog/?p=3184

I personally used GFO, growing macroalgae (both of which export a lot of Phosphate) and skimming, activated carbon and organic carbon dosing (which export smaller amounts).

I personally wouldn't pick any of those choices, but Phosguard will work and biopellets and Renew likely will not, unless yfou need to export only a small amount.

I compare the many ways to deal with phosphate here:

Phosphate In The Reef Aquarium
https://www.reef2reef.com/blog/?p=3184

I personally used GFO, growing macroalgae (both of which export a lot of Phosphate) and skimming, activated carbon and organic carbon dosing (which export smaller amounts).
I personally wouldn't pick any of those choices, but Phosguard will work and biopellets and Renew likely will not, unless yfou need to export only a small amount.

I compare the many ways to deal with phosphate here:

Phosphate In The Reef Aquarium
https://www.reef2reef.com/blog/?p=3184

I personally used GFO, growing macroalgae (both of which export a lot of Phosphate) and skimming, activated carbon and organic carbon dosing (which export smaller amounts).
Thanks Randy!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new