Repair Kit for Gen5 Blue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just called EcoTech yesterday to report my 3 Broken lens covers. Today I received a tracking number for this Saturday delivery for the replacement lens. Even thought it's a pain to have to do this they were very prompt on my fix.

Hersheyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue, contacted them yesterday, they shipping out today and should arrive Monday. I know a lot of ppl are complaining about the issue, but it's a new product and as long as they are providing a fix for it, it's not too bad... and the replacement process isn't bad either.

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just emailed Ecotech this morning for this issue. Thanks to you all for posting here to check the bottom around the screws. I noticed the popping sound too. I thought the light was just breaking in from a figurative standpoint. Turns out it was literally breaking in... there are tiny cracks around the screws.
1A8AD1F8-5AFA-48F0-A68F-CE2E44FEEA5B.jpeg

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just emailed Ecotech this morning for this issue. Thanks to you all for posting here to check the bottom around the screws. I noticed the popping sound too. I thought the light was just breaking in from a figurative standpoint. Turns out it was literally breaking in... there are tiny cracks around the screws.
Thank you for pointing this out. I just checked mine and they all have the same issue at every Hex screw. Time to open another ETM ticket.

Justdrew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They claim they added a piece similar to a “washer” so the plastic doesn’t flex when the screw is tightened.

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They claim they added a piece similar to a “washer” so the plastic doesn’t flex when the screw is tightened.
Yeah, I just replaced the bottom today. The new part has something like a small rubber washer around the screws. I was closely listening for any popping/creaking sounds and haven’t heard anything yet. I’ll be keeping a close eye on it over the next few days...

Lunardogz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting because I had contacted ETM since March and haven’t gotten any replacement yet. ETM customer service have drop the ball on my claim.

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting because I had contacted ETM since March and haven’t gotten any replacement yet. ETM customer service have drop the ball on my claim.
Did you email [email protected]? I emailed them and they got back to me within one business day. They had me all set by the second business day after my email. Good luck @Lunardogz that sucks that you haven’t heard back yet. Hopefully you can get that sorted out soon.

Lunardogz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you email [email protected]? I emailed them and they got back to me within one business day. They had me all set by the second business day after my email. Good luck @Lunardogz that sucks that you haven’t heard back yet. Hopefully you can get that sorted out soon.
Yes, I had done all that when this pandemic started. At the time ETM couldn’t ship anything out due to state mandate shutdown. Customer service sent an requested email to the parts department during that time, but nothing was sent out til now. I’ve just sent ETM another email right now to see what is the hold up.

Back