repairing a cracked skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter cactusmoe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cactusmoe

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2011
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Location
memphis tn
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have this skimmer with a crack around the bottom. the acrylic is 1/4 thick i do believe. would I need to put a patch over the crack to seal it or would i be able to just use acrylic cement or silicone?
 
Do you have any pictures?? You can drill a tiny hole in the end of the crack to stop it from spreading and fill it with 16 like Luke said... Granted it's a internal one.. External I would have to see it and would recommend Weldon 40/42
 
Yep, should have mentioned the external vs internal. I was only thinking internal and that it wouldn't matter what it looked like to much : )
 
its an external skimmer. i'll try and get a picture up soon but i got to get this other crap off around it that the person I got it from put on to try and fix it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new