Repeated Issues with MP60 Wet Sides. Please advise...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

cato

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. I picked up an MP60 as a closeout when you released the new Quiet Drive models. Maybe what a year and a half or so ago? Anyhow I'm having ongoing issues with wet side propeller breakages. The original wet side broke last April. I tried to glue the prop back into the magnet but the glue threw it off balance so bad it kept spinning the grill cover off the wet side base. So out of frustration I ordered a new one, $150 from Aqua Cave in May. I have invoice to prove if needed. The new one didn't even last a year. Broke last week. Is this an inherent issue with these wet sides? Never had it with any of my MP40's and I have several.

Below 1st pic is original wet side after I tried repairs. (yes I still have it too)
2nd pic is the newer wet side that just recently broke.

Please advise me on this matter. Thanks.

Paulywalnuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bud. Mine just broke last week.ecotech told me $75 shipped for the parts. Got a new quite drive wet side for 105. Through a vendor. Lmk I you need the info. They had minimal parts so I assume it is a common issue.

Reefpharmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several mp60 and don't have any issues. I would contact them via phone call or email and they should take care of you especially if you have receipts. Sorry about the bad luck.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back