Repeated Issues with MP60 Wet Sides. Please advise...

  • Thread starter Thread starter cato
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cato

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2010
Messages
74
Reaction score
5
Location
CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. I picked up an MP60 as a closeout when you released the new Quiet Drive models. Maybe what a year and a half or so ago? Anyhow I'm having ongoing issues with wet side propeller breakages. The original wet side broke last April. I tried to glue the prop back into the magnet but the glue threw it off balance so bad it kept spinning the grill cover off the wet side base. So out of frustration I ordered a new one, $150 from Aqua Cave in May. I have invoice to prove if needed. The new one didn't even last a year. Broke last week. Is this an inherent issue with these wet sides? Never had it with any of my MP40's and I have several.

Below 1st pic is original wet side after I tried repairs. (yes I still have it too)
2nd pic is the newer wet side that just recently broke.

Please advise me on this matter. Thanks.



 
Hey bud. Mine just broke last week.ecotech told me $75 shipped for the parts. Got a new quite drive wet side for 105. Through a vendor. Lmk I you need the info. They had minimal parts so I assume it is a common issue.
 
I have several mp60 and don't have any issues. I would contact them via phone call or email and they should take care of you especially if you have receipts. Sorry about the bad luck.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new