Replacement AIO or maybe not?

InkedReefLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings everyone!

We've had our JBJ 28 gal AIO for a long time. It's gone through all kinds of iterations over the years, but the current is our favorite. It houses a group of 4 orange skunk clowns, 2 designer clowns, 2 long tentacle anemones and, a group of baby mangroves.

Of course, right before we went on vacation, the return pumps died on the JBJ. Hubby thinks we should just replace the pumps, but I'm more inclined to get a new set up. :p It's currently operating with just a circulation pump. Yes, I know, a bit risky, but we're doing what we can and no one is worse for ware. This set up is our 'set it and forget it' tank.

In keeping with the 'set it and forget it' system, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on a new AIO. It's been years since we've purchased a small tank, and I'm not really sure what to go with.

Dimensions need to be about 30" long by 30" wide (max). I was looking at a Waterbox, and like the look of their Frag 45.2 (I see they are being discontinued).

Red Sea seems to have limited selection in this size.

We're happy with the lighting (AI Prime HD) so don't need lights. We don't even run a skimmer, so adding one in would be a luxury.

So, should we just replace the JBJs pumps (are they even still available?) or go with a new set up?

Thanks for your considerations!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JMO...

Red Sea reefer nano
Red Sea Reefer 170 they both have sumps to add the skimmer your like.

Or the Red Sea E 170 AIO

Last edited:
Back