Replacement for Atman 2500 Pump

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
REPLACEMENT FOR ATMAN 2500 PUMP

After typing the title I then struggled with the word “replacement” in the title because it truly isn’t a replacement pump, like a Sicce, which I’d love, but simply an Atman sold under a different name.

So I have an old SWC 160 skimmer that came with an Atman 2500. Love the skimmer but hate the pump. I’ve gone through maybe 10-12 pumps….I just keep on changing the pump because I love the skimmer. I even went as far as trying to find another higher quality pump that would fit, with no luck. I also understand that this same pump was used on older Bubble Magus skimmers; maybe NAC6 and NAC7 and BM100 (but don’t quote me).

So this past week the current Atman started making noise telling me it was on the way out. I started searching for an Atman replacement and found they were going for around 65 and up, with the lower priced ones only coming with the pump body and impeller. I also searched for ViaAqua 2600 pumps because I knew that they were the same pump with a standard pump impeller. What I found was that there weren’t many hits for the ViaAqua, but that another pump showed up called an AquaTop MaxFlow 2600 for about half the cost.

Well, I took the chance and ordered one on looks alone. It arrived today and all I can say is that it is the exact same pump as the Atman 2500 with the exception of the impeller.

Here are some photos, Atman on the left, MaxFlow on the right

MaxFlow 01.jpg

Removing the plastic nose that looks like the hood of a 1937 Buick:

MaxFlow 02.jpg

And with the impellers pulled out:

MaxFlow 03.jpg

There are a couple different sources for this pump, but I purchased off of Amazon HERE.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 76 47.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 51 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back