Replacement hygger magnet base

Freshermenreefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2020
Messages
107
Reaction score
28
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the hygger wave maker for my 20 gallon tank and I lost the magnet base and the outsized magnet in a move to new house is there any way I can get a replacement for the magnet base I been looking all over the outside magnet will be easy for me to find or any way to diy it

image.jpg
 
I went through something similar when I wanted to mount my hygger wavemaker on the back wall of my biocube, and didn't feel that the back magnet would be safe, as it would be fully submerged. I ended up getting a plastic coated neodymium magnet off of this website for pretty cheap and it worked like a charm, I used it for a couple of years without any issues. Point being there's nothing particularly special about the magnet that it comes with except the look
 
I currently use a magnet from an acrylic frag holder instead of the one that came along with the hygger!
See what you can find :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new