Replacement parts for aqua stance pump.

Rufus’ goofs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was trying to take apart my protein skimmer ( I have a reef octopus 150 int) to clean it, but the union between the skimmer and the pump was seized. I was able to remove the pump from the 2 sided male thread adapter from the pump to the union collar, however the collar remained seized to the male. I worked at it for a few days but ultimately Snapped the whole assembly off of the skimmer body. It was rather disheartening. :(
19376658-4629-454C-9CBE-909C444575C2.jpeg

D4108344-DF32-4B31-AFAD-F11A814FCEEA.jpeg

4AFA6F85-1C28-47FC-9E04-9FFFBF21C1F8.jpeg

I’m hoping I can purchase a new male thread adapter for the pump ( aq2000s) so that I can still use the pump.

Any information would be appreciated, thanks.

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to see the damage that has occurred to your skimmer but is easily fixed with weldon acrylic adhesive. The trick is to open the union especially if the oring is missing or smashed.

OP
OP
Rufus’ goofs

Rufus’ goofs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jeremy, thank for the reply. I appreciate it.

The O ring isn’t missing, however the union is seized which is why I was not able to open it.
I do not believe weld on will work, there were several small pieces of acrylic that broke loose. I’m not planning on trying piece all the bits back together.

I’m interested in getting a new male thread adapter however. I want to continue using the pump, but the adapter is seized into the union that was attached to the skimmer body.
the Skimmer was only 7 1/2 months old, so the seizure of the union is especially fruatrating considering it caused me to damage the body inside of the warranty period, and I’m assuming this will be considered user error, instead of a union seizing and failing to come apart, which should not happen.

Thanks for any information!

Dom274

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jeremy, thank for the reply. I appreciate it.

The O ring isn’t missing, however the union is seized which is why I was not able to open it.
I do not believe weld on will work, there were several small pieces of acrylic that broke loose. I’m not planning on trying piece all the bits back together.

I’m interested in getting a new male thread adapter however. I want to continue using the pump, but the adapter is seized into the union that was attached to the skimmer body.
the Skimmer was only 7 1/2 months old, so the seizure of the union is especially fruatrating considering it caused me to damage the body inside of the warranty period, and I’m assuming this will be considered user error, instead of a union seizing and failing to come apart, which should not happen.

Thanks for any information!

As someone who just spent $500 last week on a 150 Regal, I'm hoping to see this covered under warranty for you... Unless you were trying to remove it with an ax, I don't see where any user errors were made. During regular maintenance, a removable piece failed, causing damage to the body of the skimmer.

OP
OP
Rufus’ goofs

Rufus’ goofs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Dom, thanks for the kind words I appreciate them a lot.

As much as I would like to consider my hands deadly weapons, they're just hands.

I spent 3 nights trying to undo the union, and it wouldn't budge. Eventually the acrylic just snapped.
That being said I'm happy to mail this piece around so we can let someone else try to undo it. It's just plain seized.

I'd love for this to be taken care of under warranty, I also agree that it is a failed part, which caused a much bigger issue.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back