Replacement pump for a Bubble King 180 Mini Skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter A3LXK
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

A3LXK

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2018
Messages
52
Reaction score
136
Location
The Hague - The Netherlands
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have a Bubble King 180 Mini Skimmer with a Bubble King 1000 pump which is dead.

Bubble King does not make these pumps anymore and they also haven't got a replacement pump for this skimmer.

Any thought which pump would fit or what can I do to make it life again.

Regards,
Adri
 
You need to post a picture of your pump and skimmer. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 180-mini.jpg
    180-mini.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 55
  • mini2.jpg
    mini2.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 39
  • mini3.jpg
    mini3.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 66
  • mini180_07-600x600.jpg
    mini180_07-600x600.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 40
Hi,

I have a Bubble King 180 Mini Skimmer with a Bubble King 1000 pump which is dead.

Bubble King does not make these pumps anymore and they also haven't got a replacement pump for this skimmer.

Any thought which pump would fit or what can I do to make it life again.

Regards,
Adri
Have you tried to deep clean the pump? Mine would seize if I don’t decalcify it with muriatic acid. After that, runs like a champ.

I need to clean it more often than letting it seize up and clean it. I have the same skimmer as you and I would try that first.
 
Have you tried to deep clean the pump? Mine would seize if I don’t decalcify it with muriatic acid. After that, runs like a champ.

I need to clean it more often than letting it seize up and clean it. I have the same skimmer as you and I would try that first.

The pump is shorting his circuits and blowing the fuses of my house, so it is really broken.

Royal Exclusive just gave me a disgrace of an offer to buy a new skimmer with 15% discount!
I expected more from them.
 
The pump is shorting his circuits and blowing the fuses of my house, so it is really broken.

Royal Exclusive just gave me a disgrace of an offer to buy a new skimmer with 15% discount!
I expected more from them.
Check to see if there is a tear in the cord.
 
Thanks for your advice. I diy one based on some introductions on the official website, and it's still being adjusted.
 
Last edited:

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new