Replacement Weir for Eclipse

  • Thread starter Thread starter Charley75
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Charley75

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2019
Messages
426
Reaction score
90
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a tank with an Eclipse M overflow installed, but the internal box (weir) needs to be replaced. Eshopps doesn’t have any. Does anyone make one that is compatible???
Thanks
 
I bought a tank with an Eclipse M overflow installed, but the internal box (weir) needs to be replaced. Eshopps doesn’t have any. Does anyone make one that is compatible???
Thanks
You can always make one. I made mine with a sheet of acrylic I bought at home depot. If you apply heat with a butane torch, the acrylic can be bent into the shape you want. The teeth are then made with a drill and jig saw. Essentially you drill holes for each tooth about an inch from the top and then cut open the top of the hole with a jig saw. Silicone into the corner or back of the tank and good to go. There are some helpful youtube videos. Mine has lasted 9 years.
 
Did build the entire internal box?
 
Did build the entire internal box?
Yes, I drilled the tank myself and put 2 stand pipes in a corner for a corner overflow. Then I just had to make a sort of obtuse L-shaped weir and connect it to the sides and bottom of the tank to create the “box”. For a rear overflow, you should be able to make a U-shape and connect to the tank similarly.

Here is mine.
IMG_5251.jpeg
IMG_5252.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new