Replacing 100% rock work to remove aiptasia

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True. *SIGH*

What is the best course of action then for my specific situation?

I got rid of them really easy. I boiled some water on the stove, took a 10cc syringe and sucked it up then squirted it directly on them and melted them. I then tried to suck out any ruminants with the empty syringe. Eventually I was able to get them all but it took time as I had to get the new ones as they popped up.

Even if you replace the rock, you have larva in the water. Hence how they pop up in new places.

So next time you add a coral, some more larva could come in and you start all over. Can't be replacing rock all the time.

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is your best option as there are probably aptaisa in your over flow or sump. Changing the rock would be a ton of work and only be band aid. My malanarus never touched my any of my large shrimp only small hermits
Ok! I made up my mind and will try nudibranch and hope my wrasses will leave them alone.
I will try peppermint shrimp as second option if I can find one that is reef safe

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought some F Aiptasia. Any suggestions on how to use it?

My understanding is that it coats stuff. So I’m guessing I need to be careful near corals?

Yes, make sure to mix it up with that stir stick as it takes a while to make it ready to go. Turn off all pumps and coat the aiptasia. Start in the center of it and it will shrink into it's hole sucking up the cement type paste into it's mouth and then gently coat around. If you have aiptasia angled in the side of rock, use the stuff near the top and let it create an avalanche around the aiptasia.

I have been fine placing it near the very base of my most sensitive acros, just make sure you wait at least 30 mins. If you have a controllable return pump I like to keep my powerheads off for 1 hour and set the return pump to it's lowest setting just to keep some slight movement.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • None.

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back