Replacing Flow Sensor Union (slip side only)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can a standard union be used to replace just the slip side?
Nope. You will have ti buy it from Neptune. I baught in the past. They ship rather quickly. But the fact it's not standard is a pain I got couple to have spare back then. They were not that expansive.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can a standard union be used to replace just the slip side?

You absolutely do not have to rebuy a union from Neptune. For the FS100, the best way is to use a 1" cepex ball valve flange - BRS sells them for less than $5. That is what I do and they fit perfectly. Neptune sells the entire replacement union for $10, so you do 'get more' for your $$. I have also replaced the slip side flange a few times with locally sourced (and much less expensive) unions; but most don't fit (or require some sanding down), so taking the collar with you is a good idea.

Last edited:

miniChou

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You absolutely do not have to rebuy a union from Neptune. For the FS100, the best way is to use a 1" cepex ball valve flange - BRS sells them for less than $5. That is what I do and they fit perfectly. Neptune sells the entire replacement union for $10, so you do 'get more' for your $$. I have also replaced the slip side flange a few times with locally sourced (and much less expensive) unions; but most don't fit (or require some sanding down), so taking the collar with you is a good idea.
Can you send a link to this flange on BRS? I'm having problems finding it on their website. Thanks,

OP
OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you send a link to this flange on BRS? I'm having problems finding it on their website. Thanks,

1"

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, link is correct. Just keep in mind I've used these for the 1" flow sensors only. Larger ones might work for the 2" sensors but I've not tried myself.

Adrift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok y’all I can confirm replacement of FS-200 connector with cepex 2 inch from BRS will work kind of. The connector will seat but it’s such a tight fit that you’ll be unable to swivel the screw without rotating the connector itself. So what I mean is if your hard plumbed then your better off getting Neptune’s connector. If your soft plumbed like me then you simply need to disconnect the hose from the barbed fitting and take it off no problem. The bottom base is also thicker so you can see I wasn’t able to screw all the way down. I just replaced fitting utilizing all slip for this one connection. My original install was slip to threaded reducer to 1 1/4 inch barb threaded I had a really hard time stopping the leaks with threaded barb at this diameter don’t recommend it to anyone. I did a 1 month leak check after two weeks of fiddling no leaks. Add saltwater ran for 1 month starts to leak on on fitting out of my two fs-200. I plan on replacing all my fittings if this works. But I’ll be buying neptunes connector replacement for the other three fittings
2EED7D7C-74B2-4831-81F4-77C97ABC8A06.jpeg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back