Replacing Flow Sensor Union (slip side only)

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Can a standard union be used to replace just the slip side?
Nope. You will have ti buy it from Neptune. I baught in the past. They ship rather quickly. But the fact it's not standard is a pain I got couple to have spare back then. They were not that expansive.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Can a standard union be used to replace just the slip side?

You absolutely do not have to rebuy a union from Neptune. For the FS100, the best way is to use a 1" cepex ball valve flange - BRS sells them for less than $5. That is what I do and they fit perfectly. Neptune sells the entire replacement union for $10, so you do 'get more' for your $$. I have also replaced the slip side flange a few times with locally sourced (and much less expensive) unions; but most don't fit (or require some sanding down), so taking the collar with you is a good idea.

Last edited:

miniChou

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You absolutely do not have to rebuy a union from Neptune. For the FS100, the best way is to use a 1" cepex ball valve flange - BRS sells them for less than $5. That is what I do and they fit perfectly. Neptune sells the entire replacement union for $10, so you do 'get more' for your $$. I have also replaced the slip side flange a few times with locally sourced (and much less expensive) unions; but most don't fit (or require some sanding down), so taking the collar with you is a good idea.
Can you send a link to this flange on BRS? I'm having problems finding it on their website. Thanks,

OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Can you send a link to this flange on BRS? I'm having problems finding it on their website. Thanks,

1"

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, link is correct. Just keep in mind I've used these for the 1" flow sensors only. Larger ones might work for the 2" sensors but I've not tried myself.

A Hardy, Fast Growing, Pretty & Inexpensive Coral...Does it exist?

• Yes (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 234 75.0%
  • NO

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 60 19.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 0.3%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors