Replacing M1 with S2

  • Thread starter Thread starter alton
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2016
Messages
1,943
Reaction score
3,184
Location
Zuehl, Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife called and M1 is whining bad and lfs has a S2 which I believe is the same intake and outflow size as the S2? Is it a simple swap
 
This is what i found on it.

Vectra M1:
Max Flow - 2000 GPH
Max Head Height - 21.5 Feet
Footprint - 4.5" L x 7.5" W
Input Fitting* - 1.25" (31.75mm)
Output Fitting* - 1" (25mm)
Power Supply - 80W
VECTRA S2

Specifications


  • Max Flow: 1400 GPH
  • Max Head Height: 11.5 Feet
  • Footprint: 3.8" L x 6.5" W
  • Input Fitting*: 1" (25mm)
  • Output Fitting*: 0.75" (19mm)
  • Power Supply: 72W
 
FYI Fittings are different. Luckily I had enough PVC to be able to cut and glue the new fittings and get my tank up and running. On the M1 I have been running it in a light vinegar and water solution and no whining. I ordered another coupler set from Ecotech so when it comes in I will try and see if the whine comes back when I add 5' of pressure to the cleaned pump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new