Repurposed 5 gallon buckets

saltwaterfish.com

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
525
Reaction score
472
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being in the fish hobby I have an abhorrent amount of 5 gallon buckets. I've repurposed them into a couple of different items around the house such as planter pots, recycling bins for inside the house, RO water storage/auto top off containers, and storage for fish foods or medications. Do any of you repurpose your 5 gallon buckets? Or just recycle them once they are past their use.
 
I combined 2 of the taller 7 gallon buckets to make a sawdust collection container/cyclone off my table saw.
 
I have one now dedicated to car washing and another to porch floor washing. A third I use with a Bucket Buddy to organize my beekeeping tools and materials. A fourth use to capture bee swarms. A fifth I use to store tile setting grouts and mortars to store in the garage and keep most of the humidity out of them. A sixth I use to mix organic materials as fertilizers for my vegetable and fruit gardens as needed per testing. A seventh and eighth I use in honey extraction and to cleanly store honey-handling small items. A ninth and tenth are for tossing weeds in while hand-weeding. And of course I have a bunch to transport and store RO/DI and to store mixed Saltwater. I think that's it! Until I have another bucket. Then I'm certain I will find a use for it, too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new