Rescue anemone from LFS - what do we think?

Wrecktangle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, so we took home a (what I think may be) mini maxi anemone. It was relatively open while the lights were on, and its foot was below the sand bed. When the lights turned off, it curled up a little bit (The first time it had moved since we've had it home), and is now sitting on top of the sand bed. The color is still really good, with the green top fluorescing under the lights, but what worries me is the purple/grey wrinkly flesh on the bottom of its foot. It looks to be covering the entire bottom of the foot. I'm not sure if the grey flesh is insides coming out from a ripped foot, or something else. This isn't the best picture, but it shows the relatively good coloring, pink sides, and grey wrinkly bottom...

Continue rescuing? Funeral? What do we think?

tempImageu6EdWn.png

Cyanohater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decent colour for a rescue as much as I can see. I would say Def a mini Maxie. Has its foot been able to stick. Is there any damage to the new like torn foot etc? if not and your water quality is good and nothing gonna mess with it I'd sayits gonna recover. Let it be forawhile and when it gets ready too try and feed it a little.

OP
OP
W

Wrecktangle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decent colour for a rescue as much as I can see. I would say Def a mini Maxie. Has its foot been able to stick. Is there any damage to the new like torn foot etc? if not and your water quality is good and nothing gonna mess with it I'd sayits gonna recover. Let it be forawhile and when it gets ready to try and feed it a little.
No damage that I can see other than the grey (which I assumed were insides… I just don’t know what to look for TBH) they grey foot was present at the LFS, but I agree, the green is very nice.

hopefully it’ll be alright…

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back